Endometriosis Community
Endometriosis in other organs

This patient support community is for discussions relating to endometriosis, fertility/infertility, hormonal treatments, pain management, pregnancy, and surgery.

Endometriosis in other organs

I had a complete hysterectomy in January of 2008 because I had endometriosis in my ovaries, uterus, etc.  Everything was removed.  I still to this day experience the same pain as when I had endometriosis.  Is it possible to get endometriosis in other organs??

Please let me know if anyone has the answer.

Thank you,
Yes, you can get endo in other organs. I had three surgeries for endo one year after another. They found endo on my bladder,intestines,and liver. Each time they went in it was in a different organ. Its been almost 2 years since my last surgery and its been great so far.  
I've had two surgeries for endometriosis and both times got pregnant  the next month (after trying for years each time!)  Here we are again, having tried now for 2 years and no luck.  I'm sure the endometriosis is back, but this time it seems to have ventured off into my intestinal/stomach area, if that's possible??  Every month for the last 5 months I've had stomach pain so bad the first 2-3 days of my period I can't eat.  It's like the endometriosis is choking off my intestines and the food can't go out of my stomach!  It's excruciating and debilitating.  I'm getting concerned now because it's no longer just during my period, but starts 2 weeks before I get it!!  I'm beginning to wonder if it's even endometriosis, or maybe I've been overlooking something more serious?  I've looked it up on the internet and haven't found much, but there are a few articles about endometriosis going to other areas of the body.  There was even one saying it can get into your lymph nodes and they've found it in strange parts of the body like the neck and arms or legs!!  I need this fixed but can't afford the surgery again (it's no longer covered by my insurance).  Any clues how I can get this checked out without owing thousands??