Endometriosis Community
Excision for Endometriosis

This patient support community is for discussions relating to endometriosis, fertility/infertility, hormonal treatments, pain management, pregnancy, and surgery.

Excision for Endometriosis

Hi,  I have endometriosis with possible gastro intestinal involvement.  Has anyone heard of excision surgery? I found a few doctors online who say they can cure endometriosis by excision.  
Yes I have had that and it's the most effective way of removing endo. It won't cure it but it will prolong it from coming back if you follow up after the surgery with bcp or Lupron. I had extreme gastro endo which has ruined my life bug I swear by this as being the only effective way to perform endo surgery
I searched specifically for a doctor who used primarily sharp instruments instead of laser to excise my endo.  I had surgery in 2007 for this and think it was a good choice for me.  I did have to follow the surgery with birth control for a few months to allow the area to heal properly.