Endometriosis Community
FIBROVAN?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to endometriosis, fertility/infertility, hormonal treatments, pain management, pregnancy, and surgery.

FIBROVAN?

I have endometriosis and scheduled for a check up ultrasound coming March because a cyst has returned after last year's cystectomy lap surg.
So someone mentioned about Fibrovan and all natural thing that would help reduce the bleeding, pain, and such. So that all sounds wonderful to me! I was wondering if anyone has experienced with this treatment. I will ask my obgyn about it too.

Another thing, I don't really like my obgyn. (personality clash, she doesn't seem to 'care') and she's not a obgyn-oncologyst.  Should I change and look for a Reproductive Endocrinologists  or a obgyn-oncologyst? Why would a Reproductive Endocrinologists be recommended for my case? I want endo gone/treated with no birthcontrol cuz we want babies. =)

Thank you so much!
I don't know anything about Fibrovan, never heard of it.  As far as not liking your gyn, if you're not comfortable you should definitely find another one.  Remember, you're dealing with the most personal issues that a woman can have and if you don't feel as though you can be completely honest and open with your gyn you're probably not getting proper care.  If there's no chance of OVCA, I wouldn't bother with a gyn/onc, find a RE instead.  A RE is the best choice when you're dealing with endo, they have the best and newest information and can help you find a course of treatment that will help you be painfree without hurting your fertility...that's what lead me to one.  Plus, if/when you do decide that its the right time for babies the RE will know your history and be able to help you out as far as fertility issues go, and we all know that endo and conception problems go hand in hand many times.  My gyn wanted to remove my left ovary because he found what he called a "10cm mass".  I stubbed up and said no, I want to keep my Mommy parts...I kinda like them.  Plus we've been TTC for several years now.  He sent me to a gyn/onc for a second opinion, at my insistance I might add.  The gyn/onc did his own TVUS and exam and then sent me on to a RE...it's the best thing I've done since I started fighting with endo years ago... wish I'd known about this back then.  It makes me happy to see that this site is here, those of us who've tried everything and been to doctor after doctor trying to find someone who'd listen and not tell us it's just cramps or that it's all in our heads can pass on some good information and advice and offer support with an open mind.  Good luck and keep us posted!
Shelley
I had experienced with this treatment. I been taking fibrovan during 6 months 3 pills 3 times a day. I have 4.5 cm fibroid. Nothing has been changed!!! I did not expect too much, but few mm. maybe, half year... It is a fraud, now I am sure, but I am to busy to expose it. Do not take it. You will lose money but that is more important - time (I hope it is not health risky).
Olga