Endometriosis Community
Free fluid in cul-de-sac. Can it cause pain?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to endometriosis, fertility/infertility, hormonal treatments, pain management, pregnancy, and surgery.

Can you help me? I have been in severe pain after a left ovary and tube removal because i have endometriosis.Had an MRI and US and I was told i have free fluid in the cul-de-sac but thats normal over the phone. Now im reading its from ovulation but im on continuous BC Im not ovulating so is that whats causing my pain. Im a month post op.
I really dont know your guess is as good as mine.

I have a surgery 5yrs ago and then got PID 2 yrs ago.

This year I went to the surgeon and they saw there was fluid in the cul de sac but didnt know if it was endo or the remnants of the PID so he put me on Lupron for 3 months again. He said that if the fluid was still there it wasnt endometriosis or something like that. However he never looked when I got in because the pain during sex wasnt gone he said it wasnt endo. ARGH!!!

I was on the continuous BCP since my surgery as well.