Endometriosis Community
Help For My Wife

This patient support community is for discussions relating to endometriosis, fertility/infertility, hormonal treatments, pain management, pregnancy, and surgery.

Help For My Wife

I am Malcolm from the UK and has a wife that has suffered for 10 years.
At the age of 27 my wife had her womb removed after the birth of our second child has it was diseased with ENDO.
For aprroximately 4 years she was pain free.Since then she has being in and out each year for the endo adhesions removing that was sticking her organs together.More recently in the last 2 years she has had a couple of cysts removed from her ovaries but more of her concern is she keeps having lumps or things that grow from her vaginal wall and dangle which cause her to bleed when we have intercourse.The surgeon has cut them away and courterised them 3 times but to no avail and is now puzzled to why these things grow and dangle within the vagina and keeep coming back.  He is supposed to be one of the top specialists with key hole surgery regards endo but I am now considering a second opinion.Does anybody know if any sort of laser treatment might be worth considering.
Thank You
Malcolm
UK  
Tags: help
I am not sure what they are but i have the same thing.  I havent had sex in a very long time it is way to painful. I cant even use a tampon for crying out loud.  How old is your wife?  Has she ever thought of removing her ovaries? I know there are many side effects of that but there are also benefits to it as well especially if you have endo. You would really have to weight the pros and cons to it.  The ovaries are going to continue to make it grow. Also if you dont have the right doctor to remove everything than it may gow back even after removal of the ovaries.  I think what your wife is going through is really similar to me.  I think adhesions are the worst part about it.  I grow them like weeds. Those will always continue to grow i think.  

I have this ball rolling technique thing that someone told me about, it helps with adhesions.. The person who told me about it is very knowledgable and may help your wife......  Please read below

Adhesion Thread, Updated, August, 07

The woman who taught me how to do this is an Exercise Instructor. She said that one reason she wanted to learn this was so that she could teach elderly people how to do it since some of our insides "glue together" as we age and that this releases much of the gluing because of all the blood, thus oxygen, it brings to the area.

In my case, I had a total hysterectomy in 2000 and suffered from surgical adhesions for about a year. The pain from the adhesions started about three months post-op. This technique seems to break up the adhesions and it worked for me.  I figured that if it worked for adhesions that formed naturally in our body, it should work for surgical adhesions. It did!

It is truly amazing. I noticed a HUGE difference immediately. When I sat up after the fist time I did this (about a 15 min. session) I could feel a "FLOOD" or a Rush of blood or something! going to that area. After having pain about 40 times an HOUR for over a year and a half after my surgery, my pain decreased to only about 10 times a DAY for a few seconds at a time. I did this procedure again about a week after the first one and that gave me even more relief. I think it was about four months until I had to do it again. Now I do it about once a year, if that. I have been virtually pain free. I get a dull ache now and then, but that is it.  

The idea is you want to get the blood to the bone, not just the muscle....so it floods the tendons and gets lots of oxygen there to start healing and breaking up the adhesions.

**My instructor told me to think of a steak and how the tendon is sort of splotchy with blood where it is attached to the bone...well, you want to get the blood totally to the bone so as to really break things up. Regular massage is not "deep" enough.

The ball I used measures 16 inches. Again, though, I did not get the ball thru the website (Bodylogic.com) but you can go there and check it out if you want. The website is all about body rolling and about the woman (her name is Yumana and I think she is from Russia) who developed the technique. Anyway, I got just an ordinary ball in a toy section at Target and it looked similar to the one the instructor had used. The ball I have has a picture of Blues Clues on it! Hey, it works. It probably is bigger than the ones they recommend, but, if you think about it, it is squishy to the point where once all my weight is on it, it probably shrinks down to about ten inches. And, I just put my "front" onto the ball for the pelvic pain and not my back.

-------------------------------------
Here is how I did it...leaning my body wt. into it, literally placing the ball underneath me and "rolling" on it...slowly.

I would lay on the pubic bone and then take about four minutes or so to SLOWLY (while remembering to take deep breaths now and then) work my way out to the right side where the ovary once was on that side. After you get there, go back slowly to the pubic bone...breathe deeply. When you get to the pubic bone again, then go to the other side, following a path, if you will, of where you imagine the falopian tube once was. So, you are rolling in something like a "V" formation. After you get to the left side where the ovary once was, then go back to the pubic bone...and, you are done. But, take about 15 minutes to do the whole procedure.

**********************Udated information....August 2007***********************

At first I did this technique twice in two weeks. Then I had to do it about once every two months or so...then about once a year. When my doctor did the laparscopy on me in June, 07 (hoping to find adhesions so we could figure out why I have been having pain, which they now think is from a ruptured disk) he was shocked at how "clean" my insides were. He said he actually consulted another doctor about it. He said that you always see evidence of any type of abdominal surgery no matter how invasive the surgery. And, since I had such a huge surgery back in 2000, he expected to see some type of adhesion debris...but did not see anything. A great testimonial to Body rolling!

I always suggest checking with the doctor. I am not a doctor, just a person miserable from the pain of adhesions.

It does hurt a little while you are doing it that is for sure, since you are initially pressing on the pubic bone with all the weight you can manage to put on the ball. And then you roll slowly to where the ovaries once were and yes, it is not the most pleasant feeling, but it is a "good hurt" if you know what I mean.

Simply Star said her daughter uses a Medicine ball. She uses the type of Medicine ball that is "squishy." I have not tried that. Star is a big believer in rolling to get rid of adhesions....

Take care and good luck!