How does laparoscopy improve fertility?
Does anyone know exactly how a laparoscopy improves fertility?  Or how endometriosis affects fertility?
THank you in advance for taking the time to respond to my inquiry.  I recently had a lap and have been ttc for 9 months prior.  This is our first month ttc after surgey and I just got my period today.   Thanks again!
Having a lap can improve infertility when your surgeon is able to remove any endometriosis that could cause scarring and by also removing present scar tissue.

Endo can affect infertility in several ways.  If it is in the tubes, it could block them/seal them shut.  If it gets around your ovaries it can interfere with ovulation.  It could also cause scar tissue to slightly pull the tubes away from the ovaries where an egg just can't get to where it needs to go.

Good luck on your TTC journey-I hope it is short for you!
Thanks so much for your reply!
Same here.  The pathology report showed that I ovulate and my tubes were clear.  The endo was lasered from the ovaries and Im still having cysts burst.  Thats why I was wondering what it really did.
I was very optimistic after the surgery but then when I was back in the ER with the cyst bursting I began obsessing again.  It is soooo hard not to obsess over all of this!  These forums are addictive as well!  Its either the forums or tell my husband and he would rather not know all of this info! Ha.  How long have you been TTC?
IM WONDERN IF THR IS OTHR WAYS 2 HELP W ENDO WITHOUT SURGERY?
AND IF PCOS HAS THE SAME HELP?
Birth control pills are supposed to help.  The only reason I chose the surgery was because we were TTC and I was having cysts that were bursting and I was running to the ER every few months.  Talk to your obgyb about your options.  Surgery is not your only option.
I had a laparoscopy done to remove endo13 month ago. the first month after the operation i got pregnant. we were trying for 2 years to get pregnant.
and now we have our little angel, he is 3 months old now. keep on trying do not lose hope. i had so many bad days and nights before the operation. i was really depressed because i thought that i will never be able to be a mom but thanks to God i am a mother today.
Thank you for telling me that!  I will not give up hope. Who knows, this could be the month!
Hopefully its just a matter of time for the two of us.  I was trying for 8 months before being diagnosed....not sure what stage..  And now I have been trying since mid March.  We are almost in the same boat.  Healthy women without endo take months to get pregnant at times.. Im trying to think of the surgery as just bringing me to the healthy point and not expecting to get pregnant so soon.  
I just wanted to thank you all for such great info and for giving me hope!  I am new to this forum.  I've suspected for a long time that I have endo, but my OBGYN never took me seriously.  When I wasn't getting pregnant, she did an HSG and since my tubes were open, she told me endo wasn't affecting me.  Since we've been TTC for almost 3 yrs now, I finally went to see an OBGYN that specializes in endo.  After reviewing my symptoms and doing a very thorough exam, he said he's 90% sure I have endo.  He's recommending a lap, but my insurance doesn't cover him so I'm still trying to work through that nightmare.

Anyway, it was a tough week for both my husband and I last week after hearing this diagnosis, especially since we want so much to have a family, but your stories show me that it is still possible!  :)  All the best to you.