Endometriosis Community
How long does it usually take to go from Mild to Severe?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to endometriosis, fertility/infertility, hormonal treatments, pain management, pregnancy, and surgery.

How long does it usually take on average to go from mild stage endo to severe endo?

And can you go from severe to mild after corrective surgery?

It really depends everyone is completely different. Some times it doesn't grow any further than Stage I.

I had Stage IV after 17 yrs to be diagnosed but I know mine was severe from my second period at 13 and completely out of control at 15. I would never know the stage at that point but I do believe mine was Stage IV at 15.

I had Excision surgery in 2007 for deep infiltrating Endometriosis with a presacral neurectomy done and just this Feb 28th I went back in for scar tissue obstructions and there was only superficial Endometriosis after 6 yrs.

If you get excision it is the best method and it will take longer for the Endo to grow back. Even suppressing the Endo doesn't work, it will grow back.