Endometriosis Community
How long to wait to see if I have endometriosis?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to endometriosis, fertility/infertility, hormonal treatments, pain management, pregnancy, and surgery.

Hi all,

This is the first forum post I have ever done about my health, so I feel a little awkward...  I suspect I have endometriosis due to my ongoing symptoms.  My Mum had endo, along with uterine fibroids, requiring a full hysterectomy, and my gran had ovarian cancer.  So I am also slightly paranoid that I may have ovarian cancer too, given my increasing gas and nausea issues, along with recent abdominal bloating and swelling issues. The pain is all over, but seems to pinch worse in my left over the last couple of months.  I have swollen to the point of looking pregnant.

I don't have health insurance at the moment (possibly will later), so I am not sure if I can afford to get a laparoscopy etc.... I don't know if it's worth the wait until I have insurance, in the event that I have endo, or worse yet, ovarian cancer, as every second counts with treatment.  Am I doing irreparable damage if I have endo and I wait until Jan? I don't expect anyone to be able to diagnose me, or make major life decisions for me, but I am seeking advice or thoughts from anyone who has gone through this?  I can't tell if I am being paranoid?!  I am so sick of thinking about it and worrying :/

Any advice, thoughts, etc are most welcome.

Thanks.
I definately think you should see a doctor asap. Even without a laproscopy they may be able to diagnose you and start treatment. Especially if you are worried about ovarian cancer, the longer you wait the worse it's going to get. Are you taking any sort of hormones, like birth control pills? That is generally a treatment for endo, so if you are taking them and still getting worse, you really do need to get checked out. Hopefully this helps, and I pray you feel better soon!