Endometriosis Community
I have had my endo removed, but it feels like it back

This patient support community is for discussions relating to endometriosis, fertility/infertility, hormonal treatments, pain management, pregnancy, and surgery.

I had my endo removed a few days before halloween in 2010, I felt so much better when it was removed, no more back pain or cramping, or sharp pain. And now the back pain is back and all the sharp pain is back. I don't know if the endo has came back, I have been on birth control to help with it.  And I have gotten a lump in my breast, but I don't know if that has any thing to do with the endo.
The endo being removed (as much as possible) isn't going to fix it guaranteed, it will almost always grow back, as it's apparently harder to remove than cancer.

Mine has grown back now and has caused bleeding again 11 months after my surgery, which I'm about to post about :(  but it's a terrible disease that always comes back unfrtunately unless you're one of those lucky people that the surgery fully fixes or pregnancy cures..

The pain is expected to be back most likely due to scar tissue damaging a nerve or something, that's what my pain was usually from, starting only a month or two after my surgery.

It's always back pain, which my surgeon said is referred pain from a nerve, and always in one spot on the right as well, but also just due to a nerve being too close to the endo and there being irritation to the nerves. That's why the post-op pain is always different for everyone, because of different damaged areas and nerves.

I was advised Voltaren Rapid for the pain after my 6 months check up, and it works pretty well usually.. Hope this helps. And if your surgeon told you to worry if you experienced any pain like this, without seeing anymore blood.. then maybe you weren't fully informed. If the pain has only JUST now come back after all that time of being pretty pain free, then yeah maybe go back to your specialist, or get a new referral if you need,  as it could be related to build up of post-op endometrial growth I guess.

As for the breast lump, definately don't assume it's related and get it checked out before you worry about the endo pain as it's probably a lot more important.
Well my doctor for that area is a specialist and he was the one that did do my surgery, I have been pain free for a few months but now it has came back. I am healed inside and out side form the surgery. I can not take any thing for the pain the over the counter meds just are not strong. But the one the doctor gives me just me sick. So after the cuts and burning the spots away and them removing things around when they did the surgery i just dealed with the pain but It was worth it, IT was hard because my son was 3 and he really missed me when I was healing.
My endo came back quickly after my 1st surgery and has now been found in more places than before.  I have recently read some new articles that are explaining how the surgery can possibly make it come back worse.  A few months ago I tried the natural approach for a few weeks and felt better (I even was able to become pregnant, although I miscarried Saturday.)  I am going to try the natural approach again because from the research I have been reading upon, controlling the endo has a lot to do with hormones and the immune system.
I am sorry what happened, Where did you get the info for the natural approach?