Is it worth it?
Hi, I am a 20yr old female with pcos!
For the past year my periods have been increasingly painful with the occasional one not so bad! I've also been having quite large clots coming out! I've been experiencing mild discomfort during Intercourse and had a internal ultrasound which I got sharp stabbing pains while having it done.
The doctors keep dismissing me telling me its just the pcos nothing to be concerned about, but I've had the pcos for 9 years now! And it's never been this bad! I'm concerned about obvious infertility repercussions of the disease! Does anyone know if pcos and endometriosis can con inside? And would it be worth having
The larascopy just for reassurance? I'm not worried about the surgery, I just want answers?
Please help me! :(
I'm sorry I don't have experiene with PCOS but I've had endo for 15 years and it took me a LONG time get diagnosed and i've learned that not all docs are specialists at this stuff. My experience is that you should see a fertility doc..even if you aren't looking to get pregnant...they were the best I've come accross in diseases that cause infertility so they seem to have a better handle on these things than regular ob/gyn's who see ok with mild cases...my best advice is never give up and demand help! The only 100% way to diagnose endo is with a lap surgery...because it can be flat it can't always be seen on scan's, etc...hang in there..good luck!
clevelandgal is absolutely right.  I once had an internal ultrasound that was so painful I was crying and the technician and doctor dismissed it because they had "never had a patient who said the ultrasound hurt".  I was furious.  They were so ignorant.  It was a good OBGYN office, but not good at all for an endo patient.  In my area, fertility docs won't take a woman as a patient unless she has had at least 2 failed pregnancies.  So I had to find an OBGYN who understood more than the average doctor about how endometriosis works.  I first found out as much as I could about the disease and the treatments available myself.  Then I made a list of questions.  I consulted with several OBGYN's until I found one who answered my questions in a way that I could tell he was more up to date about this disease than the others and capable of doing the kind of surgery that I wanted him to do (laparoscopic excision with sharp instruments and minimal laser).  Now as far as PCOS, I have suspected that I have it, but I don't know.  Good luck and God bless!