Endometriosis Community
Is my Endometriosis coming back?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to endometriosis, fertility/infertility, hormonal treatments, pain management, pregnancy, and surgery.

Is my Endometriosis coming back?

I am a fifteen year old girl. I had my first laproscopic operation for Endometriosis last year at the end of August. Lately, I have been experiencing pain like it was before my operation. My pain has been fine until now.
I am taking Microgynon oral contraceptive everyday to help slow down the growth of Endo, but Im worried that it is returning.

Help would be appreciated!

I'm sorry!!! You're so young to have to start dealing with this. I think most of us here had dealt with endo since early teenage years, but took forever (7+yrs) to get diagnosed...The thing about endo is that it can come back anytime. It can grow while on birth control also...that's the cra ppy thing about it. Doctors have said that it can help slow the growth of it, but that's about it. If it starts getting worse, go in a see your doc and tell them what's going on. Also, you can start a pain journal (as I have) and write in it everyday. This makes it a little easier when you go to your doctor and they ask what's going on. All you have to do is hand it to them lol. I hope you don't have to worry about another surgery until you are out of high school at least. Good luck to you and if you have any questions, feel free to send me a message :-)
I am very lucky to have been diagnosed relatively soon though its still very hard to deal with.I will be booking an appointment with my doctor soon :)
Thanks for the idea of keeping a pain journal, thats a great idea as my pain could possibly fall into a pattern.

Thanks!