Endometriosis Community
Lap and taking a break

This patient support community is for discussions relating to endometriosis, fertility/infertility, hormonal treatments, pain management, pregnancy, and surgery.

Lap and taking a break

Hi everyone I am 27 severe endo found in lap in Jan06'  Did six months once monthly shots of lupron followed by 4 months once daily lupron. It didn't help still had break thru bleeding and loads of pain. Did second lap in may07' with no treatment. Now the pain, heavy bleeding and bowel pain has returned. My dh and I were thinking about a lap followed by an IUI. But have decided that we need a break from all this to get back to ourselves and figure out if we want to continue into fertility treatments. So i was thinking about just doing a lap to deal with whatever is going on in there and then heading straight onto the pill for several months. Anyone tried this or have any thoughts on this  advice would be greatly appreciated. My dr. appt is tomorrow so I have to have a clear idea of what I want by then. I think I just need some words of comfort that it is okay to take a breakfrom the  stress and worry of it all. As I am sure all of you ladies understand that feeling. Thanks for any advice
Tags: bowel
Sorry if you have already had your appt.  I totally understand the just needing to take a break.  It is a very overwhelming thing to deal with.  I wish I had some advice for you.  What did you decide?  I have found that the hardest thing is making all these hard decisions.  No one can make them for you.  I hate that.  I like having control but some things are just to hard to decide.  My husband and I are having the issue of decided to have a hysterectomy or try one more time for a second child.  It is hard.  I hope your appt went well and good luck with whatever you decided.
How'd the dr appt go?  I hope that you got some good news or at least heard something hopeful.  After my first lap in 2002 I did 3 months of Lupron and then went straight to continuous bc, it did help me, I was virtually pain free for a long time.  It took until July of 2006 before the pain was back and bad enough for me to go through another lap for more excision...then unfortunately I had to have another lap in Nov 07 and the endo has been gradually increasing with each time.  I do have to say that as far as pain management the best thing for me has been to go straight to continuous bc right after a lap, that way there is no time lapse where the endo can get that estrogen that it needs.  Good luck, keep us posted.
Shelley
Well I had my appt. yesterday and it went great.I filled my dr. in on the pain and bowel issues and we talked about our options. He knows I won't do lupron again because of the side affects I had. So I decided on the b/c followed by a lap in August so I get my summer without any feeling crappy from surgery. My surgeries are usually long 4-5 hrs and this one may involve some bowel surgery. After the surgery I plan to go back on b/c for as long as my dh and I need to figure out what we want to do. I am very thankful that my dr is so willing to look beyond the whole u gotta have a bay right now deal. He knows that there are personal, finanical and life issues that need to be considered  before you jumps on the baby train.He explains everything very simply with no medical jargon. he gives me my options but doesn't force his opinions on me. So all in all I am very happy with my choice and my dr.appt. And thanks for the support it is all appreciated.  Thanks ladies
I am so happy to hear that.  It is so important to have a dr that listens to you and understands and is supportive.  I think that sounds wonderful.  I hope you have a wonderful stress-free and pain-free summer.  I am so happy that you just are going to enjoy some time not worrying about this horrible disease.  I hate feeling like a ticking timebomb and having to have children.  It is hard but just because we have this disease does not necessarily mean we should just pop out children.  I am happy that you made your decision and you are happy and your dr was so supportive.  Congrats!!