Endometriosis Community
Laparoscopy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to endometriosis, fertility/infertility, hormonal treatments, pain management, pregnancy, and surgery.

Laparoscopy

I had laparoscopic surgery for endometriosis a month ago. It turned out to be pretty severe according to my gynecologist and she removed a lot. I recently discovered something called the recto uterine pouch or aka the Pouch of Douglas, and read that it is a common spot for endometriosis. Is it likely that my gyn checked there for endo and removed it? I ask because I have Crohn's disease and experience diarrhea at the beginning of my periods. I am wondering if it could all be linked somehow. If anyone could answer either question, I would greatly appreciate it!

P.S. - I just turned 18, and I am taking the BC pill called Natazia for endo.
Avatar dr f tn
Yes the pouch of Douglas is a common site for endometriosis. This is the first place your gynaecologist will look into and then over other places as well. And this would be taken care of at the time of surgery.
Hope this helps.
Thank you! It did help :)
I had endometrious for as long as I can remember and I ask my doctors to do something to remove the issues. But I want to have more kids what should I di