Endometriosis Community
Laparoscopy and Hysteroscopy.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to endometriosis, fertility/infertility, hormonal treatments, pain management, pregnancy, and surgery.

Laparoscopy and Hysteroscopy.

So in 10 days i'm having both of these surgeries and I've never had surgery before, of any kind. I've never been really sick and consider myself quite healthy.  They're doing laparoscopy for endo. and hysteroscopy because I have cervical stenosis.  I've read alot of pamplets and many things online about the surgeries, recovery time..etc. but I wanted to hear from someone who has actually been through this.  What exactly should I expect?  How long does it really take to recover?  I'm really active and do tons of work. Manual labor stuff plus I love being outside working. Mowing, gardening etc.  I've read recovery being from 3 days to 7 days. My dr. said it really depends on how bad everything is in there. I'm really really nervous but also anxious and tired.  Ready to start feeling better.  Getting back to the days when I was able to work everyday and not have to worry about irregular bleeding. Not have to worry about constant lower back pain and not have to worry about not being able to have a child of my own.  Anyways your input is grately appreciated. Thanks! :D  
I had the laparoscopy surgery serveral years ago in my early 20's!  I bounced back very quickly and was up walking around that night.  From what I was told I had alot of the berries which is probably why I had a 3 month long period.  After the surgery I had some bruising which felt as though someone had kicked me in the stomach.  I was also told that it would probably be hard to get pregnant.  I did not have any problems getting pregnant both times!  My GYN was shocked that I was able to get pregnant so easily.  The best thing of all after the surgery is the pain and cramping went away almost immediatly.  I hope the info helps ease your worries.
Thank you so much. It really does help alot. I've always been worried and afraid that I wouldn't ever be able to become pregnant. I'm not sure what they're going to find when they get in there but if I base it on my pain and bleeding it's going to be alot. Unfortunately! lol.  I'm 31 now and I never thought I'd be in my 30's before having children. Nothing against that what so ever but I always told myself if I was married and my financial situation was stable I'd love to start trying around 25 or so. Well I tried but nothing ever happened. Now I know why. It gives me hope knowing that against the odds you were able to have kids, with no problems. :)  I'm really ready for this pain to stop. Sometimes I think I could handle the bleeding if the pain would just stop. It's just awful.  

Thank you again so much, I really appreciate it. Take Care! :D