Endometriosis Community
NE Ohio physicians

This patient support community is for discussions relating to endometriosis, fertility/infertility, hormonal treatments, pain management, pregnancy, and surgery.

NE Ohio physicians

Hello! I have been struggling with endo for over 20 years now. As a teenager I went to an OB/GYN at Cleveland Clinic that mom sent me to but as an adult I switched to Dr.Ross Marchetta. I have been with him for 15 years.
In the course of those years I have had 15 laproscopies with ablation for endo. 10 years ago, at the age of 22, I had a complete hysterectomy. Didn't make a difference-still had enormous pain and still had laproscopies.
Back in 2009 he starting prescribing me Vicodin which worked really well. I went back to work and I even started college! I went the longest that I had ever went before needing surgery due to pain.
One day at a visit he just simply said that he would no longer prescribe it. He was "allowed" to give me 800mg of Ibuprofen but that was it. I was stunned. I have had surgery since then and an ER trip yesterday leads me to believe that I will need it again.
If the Vicodin worked and I took it as prescribed then what the heck happened?? What am I missing?
Does anyone here know of a doctor in my area that does prescribe pain medications? I also went through Lupron and Danocrine suppositories. I am on Premarin as well.

I need a good new doctor that will listen to me and my concerns and that hopefully will prescribe a medication with known success. On a side note-I am no longer going to school. After being in pain all day at work it is too hard to keep pushing myself to go to school. :(
Dr. Jean Reinhold of Avon Pointe Family Health Center through the Cleveland Clinic is wonderful! I have endo and see her. I'm not a fan of narcotics as an endo treatment so i doubt she'll just give you a script for it but she can help you create a treatment plan.