Endometriosis Community
NEEDS ADVICE!! Problems with endo, confused on what I should do!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to endometriosis, fertility/infertility, hormonal treatments, pain management, pregnancy, and surgery.

HI I'm Mallory. I'm 22 years old and living with endometriosis. Ive been having horrible pains, got checked out, and discovered I have a 5 1/2 cm cyst on my right ovary (the only ovary I have) I had to have surgery a year ago to remove my left ovary and my appendix due to a 11 cm cyst. It was causing me pain and blocking of my bowels. The GYN told me after my surgery that it was an endometrioma, aka "chocolate cyst"....Right now, I'm not sure what to do!? Is there anything to dissolve it? I know that if it gets any bigger or the pain gets worst that I'll have to have surgery to remove it, but I don't want to loose my ovary. I'm very young with no kids, and would love to be able to conceive when I'm ready to do so. I'm scared that if I don't try to get pregnant now that I'll loose my chance because my endo is so bad! I knows there meds you can take like Lupron to help the endo if your trying to conceive, but right now I'm not trying.Plus, I don't have insurance so my options are limited. I'm just soooo tired of being in pain and don't want to have to go through surgery again! PLEASE--if your reading this, can you give me any advice??
Do you have cysts right now?

What i would suggest is not going on Lupron but trying a low dose BCP to take continuously to see if that helps. I had stage IV endo and the pill works and has worked great for me for the last 5yrs
Thanks for responding! :) Yes I do have cyst, and I've done my research and realize that I need to be on birth control. So have you not had any cyst in the last 5 years that you've been on the pill?? Have you had to have any kind of surgery before?
I had one surgery in 2007 being diagnosed with stage IV endo.  During my surgery they found endo on the bowels, bladder, ureters, ovaries etc.. It was all over the place and it was deep.  I also had a rectovaginal nodule that needed to be removed. I also had a 10cm cyst that really ended up being my ovaries wrapped around my uterus. (kissing ovaries)

I have actually been in the pill for 4yrs straight not 5, sorry I got ahead of myself there not sure of what year we are in lol... I went on it it right after my 6 months of Lupron which I dreaded and would never go back on again.  I take a very low dose BCP called Marvelon21 and the doctor is shocked that it works so well.  I get two periods a year, no pain, no cysts and that was nothing like the pain I lived in for 15yrs.

I am sure that eventually adhesions will grow back if they have not already other then that, I feel really good.