Endometriosis Community
Nervous for Lap

This patient support community is for discussions relating to endometriosis, fertility/infertility, hormonal treatments, pain management, pregnancy, and surgery.

Nervous for Lap

I'm a little freaked out as I will be having a lap in the next couple of weeks. I am  anxious of what to expect and what the I will feel like afterwards. Right now I will be having a lap. to look for endo., a DNC, a hysteroscopy, and possibly ovarian drilling. The reason for all of this is that I keep having cysts rupture every couple of months, am bloated on the left side, am having issues with my bladder, and appear to have many little cysts there as well. I'm wondering if someone could share some of their stories so I know what to expect. Thanks.
Well what you will feel for the first week is gas bloating up to your shoulder. I had huge blood clots post surgery for a couple of days.  Pain standing up.

It will take between 2-4 weeks to recovery some people take longer

Have they asked you if you are going to do lupron following the surgery or going on the pill continuously?

I had stage IV and I had a lot of adhesions from a previous bowel surgery, and I had deep endo .  I was poke, proded and all that good stuff and I was feeling pretty good after 3 weeks.

The only problem i did have after the surgery was not being able to urinate. I had to be on a catheter until the next day. I also had that problem after an epidural with my daughter.  

Other then that, easy peasy!!  Dont worry you will be fine :)

Good luck, let me know how it goes
Thanks for the information, it's definetly nice to here from people who have been through this before.  As of now I don't know what they'll do following surgery, I guess I'll have to wait and see what they find out. Thanks again:)
Let me know how it goes :)  If you have anymore questions I am here to help
I had one in 2005 (age 37) to dx Endometriosis & Adenomyosis; plus a possible hysterectomy.  

They didn't find cancer so my insurance said no hysterectomy and the gyn found my left ovary which couldn't be seen on any test.  He said my insides looked like I had tin foil balled up, then opened and tons of polyps/fibroids inside each space, which he took out all but a very thin layer of all the insides.

I didn't have any complications or problems and came home in a few hours and took care of my 2 small children the next day.  No pain no bleeding - really nothing...but then it all grew back and was even more painful and problematic than before.

I have an appt for next Friday and I'm sure he'll want to do the surgery again or something else - symptoms have worsened monthly since then, but I'm leery at 44 to have another one.

Good luck, hope you do well and a speedy recovery
Hi, I am getting a lap done on Feb 28th as well. Getting iud removed, tubal, d&c and endo biopsy...I too am scared of what will become afterwards.
I have intense pelvic pain, bleeding all month pretty much, iud is expired and do not want anymore kids...I had BV and was treated approx a month ago, symptoms gotten worse since then......I really think that all my problems are caused by the iud.
I will be good to hear your update, and as well with mine, will keep you posted.
good luck
I had my lap , hysteroscopy, and DNC done on Thursday and all is well like everyone said it would be. I was sore and uncomfortable the first two days so I would recommend taking it easy and resting if you can. There was only a little scar tissue near my bladder but what they did find were lots of little cysts on my ovaries. Instead of endo I wound up having ovarian drilling which had also been discussed. Try not to be nervous (I know easier said than done:) the drugs will really knock you out super quick and before you know it you'll be home with your family. I don't know how old your kids are but mine are little so I did make sure to  let them know that they wouldn't be able to jump on me or be carried around for a little bit. Good luck, you'll do great! Keep me posted.
Hi, I had my lap done this past Monday. They found that I have sever endo, they had to burn 8 lesions and cut one off......My Doctor couldn't believe how bad it was and was so thankful that I persisted to get the tubal done, if not they would not have found the problem. Also she said I am missing a fallopian tube, thinks I was born this way. I have a 10 yr old and she said she can't believe that I had a child and never knew I was missing a fallopian tube...she has never seen this before. Also while trying to take the iud out, they had complications and punctured my uterus, but it's ok, no major arteries involved. I'm home, in a little bit of pain but manageable. The first day of the surgery was ok because I was drugged up, the 2nd day was bad because all the drugs wore off, now it's tolerable. I will be taking the rest of the week off and hopefully back to work Monday.....
This is alot of info to take in and will be doing alot of research on why/how I only have one fallopian tube..
that's wonderful both of your procedures came out good, sorry you're both in pain but hopefully you'll be back to full health shortly =)  take it easy and rest while you can