New soreness 3 weeks post po
I had laproscopic surgery 3 weeks ago to remove a cyst on my ovary.  Week one I was sore, week two I was fine.  Suddenly i started to develop soreness and discomfort again about three days after week two.  Now I have oozing belly button, firm areas around belly button and sore pain similar to week one around that area.  My Dr finally saw me and said I have an infection.  I've been on antibiotics for two days, but things don't seem to be rapidly improving.  

Is this normal?  I was so happy to have healed and now I feel like I'm back where I started!
it wont heal over night. an infection is slow to heal usually. Think about when you have bronchitis or a bad cold or something when you are put on an antibiotic it doesn't make you feel better right away. I say give it through the weekend and watch it. If it gets worse clearly you need to go to the your local urgent care or ER. If its just not getting better call your doctor on monday.  Getting an infection after any surgery is never "normal" however it is a risk if that makes sense.  Make sure that you wash it at least once a day with unscented antibacterial soap. When washing make sure that the wash rag that you are using for the incision is not used anywhere else on your body. This way you don't cross contaminate. Hope this helps. Any more questions just msg me. Good luck to you!
Thank you so much for your comment!  The tenderness seems to be getting better.  I'm hoping it's only better from here!
you are very welcome. Usually antibiotics take a couple of days to really start getting to the root of the infection. As you are im sure just watch that site and make sure it doesn't start looking angry (red and hot) and doesn't start draining or anything. If the tenderness is getting better I bet that the infection is as well.
I think the infection is healing, but I still have major pain on the side where the cyst was removed.  It has been going on for about a week and feels very similiar to the stabbing post op pain (when I sit up, sneeze, laugh, etc)  I'm trying not to worry too much, but it just doesnt seem right.  Post op pain healed fasted than this.  I'm calling the Dr first thing in the morning.
Any feedback is appreciated!
I didn't have a lot excised but I do seem to remember having quite a bit of pain on the side where they did the work. And the more work they did the more sore you will be. But ya I will would still get in touch with the dr tomorrow and let them know what is going on. That is what they are there for
Well I saw another dr who discovered that there was a 1" stitch stuck inside me, causing my belly button to pus (I didn't have an infection) and extreme pain on my right side (the stitch was poking or tugging).
It hurt when he pulled it out, but I had instant relief.  Amazing that the other two drs that I saw didn't see this or consider it.  I'm so glad I went with my gut to trust that something was wrong when my original dr said it was all normal.  
I feel like a new woman!!
Good I'm glad u found relief! I'm so sorry that happened but at least now you can get back to normal!!!