Endometriosis Community
OTHER TREATMENT OPTIONS BESIDES BC

This patient support community is for discussions relating to endometriosis, fertility/infertility, hormonal treatments, pain management, pregnancy, and surgery.

OTHER TREATMENT OPTIONS BESIDES BC

I am a 21 year old diagnosed last month with endometriosis.  All my gyno did was put me on birth control, which by the way I am very against because of what it can do to your body.  I had never taken it in my life.  I FEEL TERRIBLE.  I am nauseous, constipated, bloated, my very normal (but painful period) hasn't come, I feel dizzy and sometimes weak, exhausted.  My stomach hurts for hours on end every single night. It's almost worse than having ONE very painful period a month.  Is there ANYTHING else doctors can do for endo?  I am so saddened by this diagnosis and even more saddened by the treatment.  I just want to feel healthy again, but this seems like a lose lose situation.  
Please help.
Catherine
Tags: endometriosis, Birth Control, birth control symptoms
Avatar n tn
Do you have any food issues? All birth control contains lactose or lactose monhydrate (think lactose on steriods). I cannot do birth control because of this. When you were diagnosed was it by a laparoscopy or did she just tell you that you have endo?

I suggest you find an endo specialist. Gen ob/gyns do not know enough about endo. If you are in the U.S. you can find one by contacting the endo assoc.

endometriosisassn.org

If you are in Oregon, Califoronia, Georgia, Pennsylvania, New York, or Illinois I can recommend someone.

I hope this helps,
achilles2
Avatar n tn

endometriosisassn.org

I hope this helps,
achilles2
I to was against bc at first. I finally gave it a few months and it has been the best thing I have done. Once I found a pill that didn't cause the side effects I am so much better.  I take it for four straight months then have a period.  You may just need to find a different pill to try.   I hope you can find some help.
Thanks for the help, achilles2!
I have had food issues for years...never been diagnosed, but my stomach is extremely sensitive.  Didn't know that BC contained lactose! No idea!
I did NOT have a laparoscopy; he said he's 80% sure I have endo, which is a frustrating "diagnosis" to me.  I am actually in California...would love to hear your recommendations.  

Thanks again.  

Avatar n tn
There is this doctor: Camran Nezhat he and his brothers are some of the world's best!
http://www.nezhat.com/camran_nezhat

If you want a combo of surgery and a more natural approach (he is not contracted with any insurance company.) there is Dr. Cook.

http://www.vitalhealth.com/

I hope this helps,
achilles2
Awesome thanks so much, achilles 2. I'll look into it.