Endometriosis Community
Ortho Evra and Endometriosis
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to endometriosis, fertility/infertility, hormonal treatments, pain management, pregnancy, and surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Ortho Evra and Endometriosis

I have a question for anyone using the Ortho Evra Patch to help control their endometriosis.  It says right on the box that you are exposed to 60% more estrogen using the patch then other birth control pills.  Since estrogen "feeds" endometriosis, how does this make sense? I have been advised by my doctor after 6 months of Lupron injections, to use the patch consistantly (not having a patch off week and not getting a period) until we are ready to get pregnant.  Can anyone help explain this to me? I know it's good not to get a period b/c you don't have the fluxuation of hormones going on, but what about the estrogen?

THANKS!
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
has anyone answered your question? I was recently put on the patch and i have endometriosis and my first period was horrible.
Blank
Have you had any resolution to this? I've recently realized the patch exposes me to 60% more estrogen, after battling endo for 15yrs. I strongly believe my dr has overlooked this, & that it's one of the reasons I now suffer from widespread chronic symptoms. He refused to switch my b.c. - stating that my ONLY options were the 3 that keep him on my payroll: get pregnant, go back on Lupron, or full hysterectomy with add-back (none of which are cures). I'm stuck on this patch until I can see a new dr. & not happy about it.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Endometriosis Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Control Emotional Eating with this ...