Aa
A
A
Close
778044 tn?1299546534
Ortho Evra and Endometriosis
I have a question for anyone using the Ortho Evra Patch to help control their endometriosis.  It says right on the box that you are exposed to 60% more estrogen using the patch then other birth control pills.  Since estrogen "feeds" endometriosis, how does this make sense? I have been advised by my doctor after 6 months of Lupron injections, to use the patch consistantly (not having a patch off week and not getting a period) until we are ready to get pregnant.  Can anyone help explain this to me? I know it's good not to get a period b/c you don't have the fluxuation of hormones going on, but what about the estrogen?

THANKS!
Cancel
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
has anyone answered your question? I was recently put on the patch and i have endometriosis and my first period was horrible.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Have you had any resolution to this? I've recently realized the patch exposes me to 60% more estrogen, after battling endo for 15yrs. I strongly believe my dr has overlooked this, & that it's one of the reasons I now suffer from widespread chronic symptoms. He refused to switch my b.c. - stating that my ONLY options were the 3 that keep him on my payroll: get pregnant, go back on Lupron, or full hysterectomy with add-back (none of which are cures). I'm stuck on this patch until I can see a new dr. & not happy about it.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Endometriosis Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank