Endometriosis Community
Pain after bowel adhesion removal

This patient support community is for discussions relating to endometriosis, fertility/infertility, hormonal treatments, pain management, pregnancy, and surgery.

Pain after bowel adhesion removal

Hi, I am 8 days post laporospic surgery initially for the removal of an ovarian cyst when the surgeon went in he found that the whole right hand side of my bowel was stuck down with adhesions and covered in small cysts as well as adhesions around my appendix and right ovary.  I am still in a lot of pain in my abdomen.  This is worse when my bowels move I get gripping pains, find it impossible to pass wind (not nice I know) but there just doesn't seem to be any relief at all.  I was told to take two weeks off work but the way I feel at the minute not sure if this is going to be long enough.  Four years ago I had an abdominal hysterectomy and wasnt in as much pain as this.  Is it normal to feel like this?
Sue
I am sorry you are in so much pain. Is it possible that you are still constipated from the surgery ? That will make everything more painful. If so get a hold of Jarrow Formula's Gentle Fibers and some magnesium (a good one is Peter Vital's Calm. It could be that your bowels are healing I know someone who had a 4.5 hr surgery because of adhesions and many were on her bowl. Her ovary and uterus were stuck to her bowels and also the bowels were also stuck to the side wall. She was very sore for two weeks and sore for about 4 weeks. She talked to her doctor's nurse and she said to be sure to keep the bowels moving and keep from becoming constipated. She also eats dried apricots and uses ground flax seed.

Also is your doctor an endo specialist if not you could still have endo and that could be causing your pain
http://www.vitalhealth.com/

I hope this helps and feel better soon,
achilles2