Endometriosis Community
Pain after lap? Bleeding and miserable. Help.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to endometriosis, fertility/infertility, hormonal treatments, pain management, pregnancy, and surgery.

Thanks for reading in advance.. So I had a diagnostic lap for endo on May 30 (11 days ago) which was very painful recovering from, but since then I've been bleeding, and every other day I have period like pain and discomfort, backache, was out of wirk because of this crippling pain.  Before going home for the surgery, a rude old nurse informed me that my doctor didn't want me surviving on narcotics, and that I could take ibuprofen. I was also prescribed Demerol for post-op pain. I go back for my 2 week visit in a few days, just discouraged because I don't feel any better, this is my 3rd lap, lost a Fallopian tube this time, 3 years ago losty appendix because of endometriosis. Not sure what else to do and feeling really discouraged and depressed. Any experience you'd like to share is welcomed. Thanks guys!
Avatar_dr_f_tn
HI,
You will need lot of physical and mental strength to tackle this. For the recurrent endometriosis, hormonal therapy is quite effective. Consult your Doctor regarding the same.
Hope this helps.