Endometriosis Community
Pain in Right Side

This patient support community is for discussions relating to endometriosis, fertility/infertility, hormonal treatments, pain management, pregnancy, and surgery.

Pain in Right Side

I am not sure if I am on the right post, but I have a problem that has been going on for years. I have a pain on the right side of my abdomen that is getting worse. It feels better if I apply pressure...and comes and goes, but it's much worse and frequent lately. It's not a stabbing pain but more like a dull constant pain.

I have had it looked at and was told it "could" be endometriosis but they are not sure and surgery would have to be done to confirm, but that it's not my appendix. It's painful to sit, cough, walk, just about anything on days like today.

I am 29, two kids, and no health issues for the most part. If someone could please help with suggestions I would appreciate it so much!

Thanks all!

Megan
Hi Megan!

I'm glad they have made sure its not your appendix.
Pian in the abdomen could indicate endo. But it can also indicate an intestinal problem caused ny consitpation, IBS or something else.
Also you do have an ovarie on the righ side. Have you ever been checked for ovarian cysts? Ovarian cysts dont usually cause pain unless they rupture, bit sometimes they can especially during ovulation and menstration which is when they usually rupture if theer going to.

My first stop would be back to the gyno to ask foe an internal ultra sound which involves inseting a large wand so that they are able to see what may be going on with your ovaries and make sure that you dont have cyst and  that if you do its not sutting off blood supply to your ovarie.
I would also see a gastro so that they can make sure everything is aok and your not experiencing a problem with your intestines.
Then they will probably do a lap after everything is ruled out. Most DR's try to keep ant surgery as a last resort because its invasive.
Even a colonoscopy is usually done first because it doesnt involve making an incesion into the abdomen and doesnt always have to be done with any type of anesthesia.

I hope you can find out what the problem is. Dont give up or let any DR';s brush this off.
You may also want t o come and visit us on the pain management forum here at MedHelp. Ther are so many great people who understand pain and treatments that can help.

TMA