Endometriosis Community
Pain regulation

This patient support community is for discussions relating to endometriosis, fertility/infertility, hormonal treatments, pain management, pregnancy, and surgery.

Pain regulation

Does anyone have any suggestions as far as pain killers for endo pain?  I am currently taking 3 advil every 4-6 hours but it really is not helping.  I was just wondering if anyone was able to find anything that actually works and helps with the pain without getting a prescription.  Thanks in advance for any help!  =)
My pain was so severe, they ended up giving me an injection of Toridal. I dont think there is anything OTC that is strong enough.  The only other thing that helps at home is an electric heating pad. If you dont have one get one! It really minimizes the cramping and pain.  Good luck.
Thanks so much!  I will have to try the heating pad until I can figure something else out!
I just joined this group less then 30 minutes ago, I clicked on your profile and are you kidding me, you live in Menasha, WI?! I do to!  I just left the hospital a few hours ago, after such severe pain from my endo. I was only diagnosed about 8 months ago.  I had a lap done, but things were too severe to do anything, I was put on Lupron for 4 months (that pretty much puts you in menapause, but I had no episodes during this time since it doesn't alow you to mensrate).   Today they performed another ultrasound and found my right ovary which has a large cyst on it, is bleeding into itself.  I am scheduled for a lap in 2 weeks!  So nice to see you have children, we just got the go ahead to try 2 months ago.  Now I feel i've hit a road block again.  I wish you luck, and hey maybe we are neighbors!  Take care.  
Have you tried anti inflammatory tablets combined with panadine? That's helped me in the past. And definitely apply heat packs. Also spk to your dr about stopping your period, could be as simple as taking the pill without ever taking the sugar pills.
Good luck!
I know what you mean, I was in shock when I saw you were from Menasha too!  Sorry you are having so many problems with the Endo!  I was diagnosed in early February after a lap.  Things have been rough for me since I had my daughter though.  She is almost a year old and by last August I had to have a hysteroscopy done to remove some irregular tissue on my uterine wall.  Then by January I was having the Lap done to remove a cyst (which turned out to be Endo) from my right ovary.  I have been going back almost monthly now for ultrasounds because I am having severe pain from cysts on my left ovary and some irregular bleeding as well.  I go for one more u/s on May 6th.  Come October I will most likely be getting a hysterectomy to fix it all for the most part.
I do have an appointment with my doctor on May 6th and I plan on talking to her about the form of BC I am on now.  The pill I am on just does not seem to be doing the trick because I am getting random bleeding through out the month.  I will have to try the panadine too and see if that helps!  Thanks for the suggestion!
I've just been prescribed mefenamic acid - the first time I took it it worked so well that I thought all my prayers had been answered at once! Unfortunately, it hasn't worked as well since (even after only a few days on it) and I find that the 'rebound pain' can be awful. Also I'm having to take something to stop the painkillers affecting my digestive system, so it's a bit of a double-edged sword.
Hey, sorry about this Endo thing, i know it's a killer. What works for me is prescription painkillers b/c my pain is severe even though i have mild endo. I had laparoscopy a year ago and was pain free for a whole year, but it just came back. I am planning to go on Lupron. Best of luck :)
Hi best pain killer i was on for endo is AMITRIPTALYNE is works by calming all the nerves its fantastic forthis type of endo pain script only though
Thanks to everyone for all of the advise.  I go back to the doctor on the 6th and I am going to talk to her about this.  The pain is getting worse by the week and there are times where I can't even walk.  I am hoping she can suggest something that will help until I can get the hysterectomty in October.
Sorry about all your pain. Both my sister and I have endo-- hers is much worse. It is getting to the point where the Advil and Tylenol she takes does not keep the pain at bay very long. One thing that she founds that helps is an ice pack-- she thought endo causes inflammation so I will try to get the inflammation down with ice. That with the meds is helping her more than anything.

I hope this helps,

achilles2
Voltaren rapid works for me usually. When it's really bad I take a codeine/ibuprofen combo.