Endometriosis Community
Post Op Recovery

This patient support community is for discussions relating to endometriosis, fertility/infertility, hormonal treatments, pain management, pregnancy, and surgery.

Post Op Recovery

Hi all, I really hope someone can help.  I had a laparoscopy 5 weeks ago to remove stage 5 endometriosis and adhesions.  My consultant said my left ovary was enlarged and white with endometrioma.  He removed it all with diathermy.  The first 2 weeks post op were a nightmare i was in a lot of pain mainly soreness, sitting, lying, moving, walking was a struggle.  5 weeks on and i'm feeling better a bit slow on my feet, but every so often i get a pain where my left ovary is a feeling of pressure like something is about to burst.  Is this normal?  I've also been experiencing body aches on and off for a couple of weeks and as of this past week around mid morning everyday i start to feel weak and shaky like my blood sugar levels are low.  I never experienced any of this pre op.  Is this all part of the recovery?  I would be grateful for any help.  I'm 32 btw.
Thank you
I am sorry that you are going through so much pain right now. Yes this is a part of recovery especially with stage IV Endometriosis. For some reason some surgeons say stage 5 but there is no such thing.

Stage IV is usually deep infiltrating Endometriosis and if you had deep excision done on your it is going to hurt for a bit.

What was the course of action you and your doctor decided upon after surgery? Lupron, BCP or another form of HRT?
Thank you so much for your comment. I was taking Cerazette progesterone only pill for about 4 months prior to the op and was told to continue taking it after too. I haven't had a period since I started it almost 5 months ago !!
I was just a bit worried with the pains etc but you're right in saying that the incisions were deep. I'm just finding this whole shaky weakness, low blood sugar thing a bit odd. I read somewhere that hypoglycemia (low blood sugar) can be caused by endo or surgery to and around the stomach area. I'm hoping I haven't got that now. !!!
The progesterone only pill you are taking sounds like one I took called visanne so I wouldn't worry about getting a period because most likely this med is to stop you from having them completely.

I have been on various meds since being diagnosed in 2007 and I haven't had a period in 7 yrs. no pain nothing

Deep infiltrating endometriosis surgery will take a little longer to heal as they really dig deep to get it all out

The HG that you are experiencing I have too and I am not sure if its from that but I do have it.

It could be something caused by the progesterone you are on.
Thank you so much. At least I know I'm not going mad with all of this then ! Just hope it all settles down now. It's been 3 long painful years to get this far & I just want to be healthy and full of energy again. X
I know how you feel because mine went so Lon diagnosed they think it caused the fibromyalgia I have.

17 yrs it took for someone to even listen to me. I came here in 2006 on the ovarian cancer board to get answers and advice. The ladies there helped me in everyday and to this day we are all goo friends and support each other.

So I hope you too found what you were looking for and are at ease with what is going on with you.

Keep me updated on how things are going I am always here :)