"Proper" amount of time between laparoscopies?
I had a lap. in March 2011 to excise endo, but have been recently having a lot of breakthrough bleeding with bad cramps, painful urination with menstruation again.  My doctor mentioned that having the least surgeries possible is ideal to prevent further damage from scar tissue/adhesions, but it seems likely I will need another eventually... She talked about re-evaluating for another surgery in february (which would be almost two years since the last surgery).  How frequent is too frequent?  How frequent is not enough?  I don't want to cause my body more problems from surgeries, but I really want to be able to have babies in the future, so I'm feeling a little bit anxious lately...

Any advice is appreciated :)
I've had two laps and in both I seemed to have a reoccurance of sorts about a year later so I get your frustrations..it's also very true that surgery can cause more issues than help..I've known women who've had had really bad endo actually grow on the surgical scars..so for some reason endo loves surgical sites...I waited at least 5 years and worked really hard to try a bunch of different meds or hormones to suppress the endo to get as many years between as I could...i would do continuous BC pills until i'd get breakthrough bleeding..then try another one..i usually had to switch pills every year or two...it IS pretty frustrating though so I understand...i always want them to just go in and clean me out but I"ve seen that cause issues too so it's a balance...reality is there is just no great treatment out there! I DID have 2 healthy babies..with only a little trouble getting pregant due to low progesterone levels which is normal for endo ladies so keep your spirits up!