Question
Hey! I just found this site and have some questions. So first off, I haven't been diagnosed with endometriosis but I have done a lot of reading on it and feel these go hand in hand with my own symptoms. I get really bad sharp stabbing pains in my lower abdomen frequently, it is so bad my sister once told me it seems like I am having contractions :( sometimes I get the pain for five minutes sometimes a lot longer. Recently I went to the hospital because I had this dull pressure pain for four days and when I would cough or sit up quickly I would get te sharp stabbing pain. They did a number of tests on me, blood work, urine, x-ray, internal, external ultra sound, and a pap. All they told me is they found a cyst on my right and left ovary. They refered me to a Gyno (finally) I have been suffering from this pain for 6 years now and no one has looked further then a ct scan, which came back everything is fine :s my family Dr was making me feel crazy and that the pain is all in my head. I have also been trying to concieve for the last 42 months unsuccessfully each month :( if this is endometriosis how can I go abouts to get it looked at and get my dr to take me more serious? I heard the only sure way to diagnos is through laparoscopy?!?!
Also don't know if anyone has a similar experience as this, but when I do urinate it relieves some of the pain I feel. I don't have a uti or bladder infection or a std I was just in the hospital last week and they checked for all that. Any input would be greatly appreciated!
only way to find out if u have endo is surgery. Sadly it doesnt show on scans or ultra sounds or any other test.  If your gyno isnt listening to u, seek a second opinion.