Endometriosis Community
Questions

This patient support community is for discussions relating to endometriosis, fertility/infertility, hormonal treatments, pain management, pregnancy, and surgery.

Questions

I am fixing to turn 21 in two weeks I just found out that I have endometriosis. I understand I cant have kids but, I was wondering if Fertibella will up my chances with out having to have surgery and take fertitly pills.
Endomeriosis does not stop you from having children completely. You still have the abillity to get pregnant. However, depending on how extensive it is, you may have a more diffiuclt time.
I know people who have endo and have kids. I also have a friend who was told from the time she was a teenager that she could not have children-- well she has two sons. I agree with akohl003 endo does mean that you cannot have kids, it just means it might be more difficult. Also find a good reproductive endocrinologist who knows how to treat endo. To do that contact the endo association to find an endo specialist near you.
http://www.endometriosisassn.org/

achilles2
I had stage IV endo and I conceived. You still can have children, you just wont know until you start trying.

You are talking about fertility pills so I am assuming you are trying?  Did you get a lap done for this diagnoses? If so did you have the lap done because you werent getting pregnant?
thanks u guys i am just trying to get an understand of what this is, And no i have not a had a lapo thing done yet. i am trying to find a doc that that is not to expensive but can help me. i dont have insurance and i only work part time. Me and my finacee have been trying for about a year to get pregnant but nothing. My problems started back in 8th grade but the hospital just just told me it was cyst. However, my doc said there is nothing in my files saying its cyst. He has told me that heis 98 percent sure its endo.
Unfortunately endo can only be confirmed through a lap so in order to find out why you have not conceived yet you might have to do that in order to really find out if its that or if you are infertile for other reasons.

Have you both been tested to see if you are both fertile? this is the first thing I would do.  This issue could be his sperm as well.

There are so many different variety of cysts that the only way to tell if its possible that you have endo is if the cyst was an endometrioma (blood filled) Even then it might not be as severe as one might think.