Endometriosis Community
Recovery after removal adhesions by laparoscopy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to endometriosis, fertility/infertility, hormonal treatments, pain management, pregnancy, and surgery.

Who has had experience with recovering from a laparoscopic removal of adhesions and cysts? I am taking much longer than what it 'officially' says it should take, but maybe there are women who experienced the same?

(excuse my spelling, I'm not native English speaking.)

I had a laparoscopy the 15th of august, that's about 11 weeks ago. They removed a lot of adhesions on my abdominal walls left and right, and on the left side my bowles were stuck to my abdominal wall. Also they removed a hemorrahagic corpus luteum cyst on my right ovary of almost 9cm, a serose mullarian cyst in the same ovary and 2 small mullarian spots from the pouch of Douglas, aswell as a beneign cyst from my left tube.
Though I am not suspected to have endometriosis, due to the mullarian tumors and the bleeding of the big cyst I had adhesions all the same and that's why I am turning to you, women who might have experience with the removal of adhesions (in combination with cysts) for answers.

At the moment I am up and about again, but I still have some pain in my abdomens, as if I have muclepain on the inside of the abdominal walls. Also there is a light but sharp pain in my pelvis, right where those small spots have been removed, in the pouch of Douglas (between blather and uterus). I'm still quite tired. I feel like lying down at least once a day to rest and to relieve the uncomfort in my belly.
Is this normal? All this 'back to work after laparoscopy in a few days' and even the '2 week recovery' doesn't seem to apply on me at all. I understand that my laparoscopy is uncompairable with a diagnostic one, but 11 weeks... I was quite fit before going into surgery. I am 33 years old.

Please help me out with some of your experiences, if you have had something alike.

Thank you all!
I am scheduled for a diagnostic pelvic laparoscopy in two days and I am terrified!  can anyone tell me what to expect from the time I arrive at the hospital to the tome I leave? And what should I expect for a recover time? Please help I need answers.
I got this too late darn it!!! Are you okay? how did it go? the recovery should be around 1-2 weeks depending on what they have done