Endometriosis Community
Recovery time after laparoscopy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to endometriosis, fertility/infertility, hormonal treatments, pain management, pregnancy, and surgery.

Recovery time after laparoscopy

i had a diagnostic lap 3 weeks ago...during the procedure the dr. found a build up of scar tissue on my uterus that was adhering to other organs...as well as pushing my uterus backwards. so far i've had "the normal recovery" ie....pains from incisions, shoulder pain. now...3 wks later i still feel the intense cramping/burning sensation in the same area where all the pain was before.  IS THIS NORMAL? i have a physically demanding job, and i'm a workaholic..lol....the dr. has put me off work for another 2 wks:(  has anyone else had similar pain...how long will this last? the dr. also told me that this pain might just be something i have to deal with forever?   why? i was excited to have surgery and get answers, now tho, im sinking into depression cuz i still have crazy pain and the thought of having it forever scares me. oh, to just have 1 day without pain. I am still taking 8-10 tramacet per day just to ease the pain. if anyone has had anything similar and can give me some sort of clue as to what to expect for recovering...or not...and time frame for anything i would so greatly appreciate it. i have been following a lot of posts already and its been helpful too