Endometriosis Community
Right timing for second laparoscopy?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to endometriosis, fertility/infertility, hormonal treatments, pain management, pregnancy, and surgery.

Right timing for second laparoscopy?

I'm just wondering what dignifies a second laparoscopy; what is generally the suggested time frame?  To what degree do symptoms generally need to be at for a second lap. to be the right course of action?

I had another follow up with my reproductive endocrinologist/fertility specialist, and she suggested re-evaulating for another lap in six months.  I have extreme hypertonic pelvic floor dysfunction, hypermobile SI joint dysfunction, and urinary issues, so it's really difficult to know for certain where pain is coming from... but all we know is that pain keeps returning, and we are contemplating  the possibility that endo is inolved and instigating problems. My last laparosopy was in March 2011.

Any thoughts or similar experiences? please share!
I've had two laperoscopies. My most common symptoms of endo are lesions and adhesions and they often don't show up on ultrasounds, so the doctor has to go poking around inside.

If it's been over a year, it's possible that you could have developed adhesions that are causing you pain. Everything in there is so close together, it's easy for things to become inflamed, irritated or even affected with scar tissue.

I know a lap's a pain (no pun intended) but for a few days' bloating and discomfort, it could save you pain in the long run.