Endometriosis Community
Robotic laparoscopy: recovering very slow...?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to endometriosis, fertility/infertility, hormonal treatments, pain management, pregnancy, and surgery.

Please, I need advise!
I am recovering from a robotic laparoscopy due to a severe endometriosis, cysts, adherencies, prolapsed uterus and I don't remember what else... my surgery was one week ago and I am feeling really bad, with a lot of pain, I feel cramps in my pelvic area, I have colics as if I were to have my period,  also my belly is huge! is very swollen and I barely have energy to walk around the house... is this normal?
How much more time to stop having pain? I need to travel next week and I thinking I am not going to be ready for this trip... ;-(
I appreciate any suggestion!
Is if bloating your feeling in your belly? They use gas to expand your abdomen so they are able to do the necessary repairs. If its getting worse not better I would call the doctor. Everyone recovers from surgery differently. I would think by a weeks time you should feel improvement. Have you been in to see the dr post op? Are your incisions infected? You could be sore if they did a lot of work in there. I have had two laparoscopies and have felt better by the end of the week. Definetly check with your doctor before leaving. Best of luck to you!
Thank you Ginger077, I donk think it is gas anymore and my incision don't look like infected, that's why I'm wondering why I'm so sore, because it is not like have an open surgery and I thought that my recovery by the week 2, will be better, but it is not.
My appt. with my Dr. is two days before my trip, that's why I haven't had the chance to speak with her yet, and definetly, she did a lot of work down there! So I guess I should just be patience with my own body,  but I have to say, it is not what I really expect it! !
Yeah sometimes they get in there and find more repairs that need to be done so it's hard to tell. Listen to your body, if you think something is wrong see her sooner or at least phone the office. I would think by 2 weeks you would be making good improvement.
I just had an egg retrieval Monday and still hurting from that but it normally gets better in 5 days. Get some rest!