Endometriosis Community
Severe night and day sweats/clammy skin

This patient support community is for discussions relating to endometriosis, fertility/infertility, hormonal treatments, pain management, pregnancy, and surgery.

Severe night and day sweats/clammy skin

Has anyone with endometriosis had issues with severe, drenching night sweats and cold day sweats/clamminess? I have these symptoms daily. I've been dealing with it for almost 2 years now....I've been to a lot of doctors but they never found anything or pushed me along to the next one. I've had these issues before my laparoscopic surgery and treatments. I get a lupron shot once every 3 months in my hip from the severe pain: It gets so bad I cannot walk. The shot has seemed to help some to control the flare ups of pain. I am just concerned because I am constantly dehydrated so I never feel well. I also have frequent urination and urgency. I wake up during the night about twice feeling like my bladder is going to burst, and in the morning it wakes me up and its usually accompanied by an unhealthy bowel. It has become a ritual nightly to get up and use the restroom and change out of my drenched clothes about twice a night. I feel like I spend more time in the bathroom to pee than out. I never feel like doing anything anymore.
I am always exhausted as well... I've seen things online saying endo and night sweats are not related...I really don't know where to turn next. Doctors have become a waste of my money because I wasn't getting any answers.  Help!
Did you have the night sweats before Lupron? Also are you on add-back with your Lupron?

As far as the bladder issues it could be from the endo or you have intersticial cystitis.

I hope this helps,
achilles2
Thanks for your response! I actually did have the night sweats before the Lupron or any treatment... I actually started having them around the time I started having issues that led to my diagnosis of Endometriosis. The clamminess and sweats did only get worse though with the Lupron. As far as the interstitial cystitis goes, that is what I thought it was too! Considering, it is knows as the "evil twin" of Endo. I actually ended up going to a Urologist and and he performed a Cystoscope on me. He said he did not find much swelling of the bladder and ended up just stretching my bladder because it was smaller. It has been about a year since that surgery, and I am still having the same exact bladder problems. I am wondering if I still do have IC although there wasn't much swelling? I have an appointment with my Urologist this week, (follow up from Cystoscope) and if he says I do not have IC still, I might try to get a second opinion...just hoping that all of these symptoms are from one of those two. My worry is that the doctors are missing something since the clamminess and sweats are not supposed to occur with endometriosis...(without Lupron, etc) I find it odd though that the sweating has nothing to do with Endometriosis since it is affecting the hormones, correct? I am not quite sure, but I just want to feel well again.
Sounds more like thyroid to me.  Has your doctor done a full panel thyroid test yet?  I used to have night sweats, be easily overheated or cold during the day, could barely stay awake.  Those all went away with thyroid medication.  Extreme thirst can also be a symptom of thyroid problems.  Getting up to pee in the night-- I thought that was normal but learned from my sleep doctor that is was connected to my sleep apnea.  I use a c-pap machine now and the only time I get up to pee in the night anymore is if my kids wake me enough for me to think about it.  Good luck and God bless!
You can have  night sweats with Lupron. I was on the monthly injection and I got night sweats. Also are you on add-back that will help with the side effects of being put in instant chemical menopause.

achilles2
PS Definitely look into the thyroid get your TSH, Free T3 and T4,, and thyroid antibodies checked. Also be sure to get the results and do not take it's in range because most labs don't have the correct range.
Thank you! I had the night sweats and clamminess though before any Lupron injections or any medicine... I started having them shortly before I was even diagnosed with endometriosis. I have had my thyroid tested by more than one doctor but they found nothing. Could there be something those tests could miss?
hello
did you find your answers to your night sweats issues?
i also have night sweats.
i started to get night sweats after laparoscopy.(diagnosed with endo at that time)
like you, the docs i've been to have no idea why i'm getting night sweats.
i'm thinking it's hormone related.
b/c when i take birth control pills, my night sweats are lessened.

at first i thought it was infection related? but i heard  fever has to accompany night sweats to be an infection. correct me if i'm wrong.