Endometriosis Community
Stage 4 Endo- Pregnancy Success Stories

This patient support community is for discussions relating to endometriosis, fertility/infertility, hormonal treatments, pain management, pregnancy, and surgery.

Stage 4 Endo- Pregnancy Success Stories

I suffer from stage 4 endo. I have had 3 surgeries since Nov 08 for this. I did a IVF cycle in July and got a BFN on 8/5/10. I am taking a break for now. I was advised to have another surgery before our next cycle as we were already seeing the endo back again since my last surgery which was in JUly 2010.
Im just looking for some success stories, and how others with this disease got pregnant.
Did you get pregnant naturally? With IVF? How many cycles did you do?
Also both my tubes are blocked.

Any info would be great
Thank You!!
hi, i have endo. as well i just had an laporascopy in 2006 but now i got another cyst and have to do a laporascopy again, am also worried how to stop this happening to me, am looking to get pregnant but no success up to now. i understand how your feeling and i hope you get your wish come tru, but i want to ask how did you got your endo removed and did doc told you
why it comes back this fast. thank you.
Hi Endo is never completely gone. They can only "clean it up". Your very lucky to have had relief for so long. Endo starts growing back immediately. As soon as you have a period after your surgery. The estrogen in your body is what feeds the endo.
Hope that helps. Let me know if I can answer anything else :")

I was diagnosed with stage IV endo 2 yrs after my daughter was born and the doctors couldnt believe that I was able to have a baby since all my insides were wrapped around my uterus.
I've had severe endo for 9+ yrs now. I do have 2 childen. We did do IUI's, clomid, femara and one round of injectables. We got p/g with DS right away, and then it took 2yrs for DD. My tubes are not blocked though. But I did lose 1/2 my right ovary due to an endometrioma. Pregnancy can happen, it's just a long journey for some of us. Check out the Calling All Women of Strength thred in the Fertility Community - It's a strong bunch of women and they give a ton of support. Good Luck!
Thanks Ladies! I appreciate the kind words, and hearing your positive stories :)
I was diagnosed with endometriosis at 16 years of age and have had a total of 5 surgeries with some relief in between . I've tried all the meds and shots you can imagine with no success. I am now 33 years old and am very proud that I was able to have 2 lovely girls. I had to go through fertility treatments but, it was artificial insemination and not ivf so much cheaper . The first time around it only took me 2 cycles to get pregnant and with the second child it took me 5 cycles. My tubes are not blocked though , the endo is mostly in the cervix area and bowels.  I have chronic back aches from it as well as abdominal pain on and off throughout my cycle. Now all that is left is a hysterectomy.
I was diagnosed with endometriosis about a year and a half ago, while I was pregnant! I went in for my very first ultra sound at 11 weeks pregnant and they found a huge cyst on my ovary. They thought I had an ectopic pregnancy along with a normal pregnancy (extremely rare)! I was not even alowed to go home, I had to go straight to the hospital and have emergency surgery. I was so scared, and 4 hours later they had removed a 12 cm cyst on my left ovary. About a week later I found out it was endometriosis! Anyways long story short, I had a healthy baby boy, natural! Oh and that was after 1 month of trying to have a baby. I wish you the best of luck and hope you get that baby!
Hi all,
I have told my  Family Dr. -- how I been feeling, he sent me for cat scans.. the Radiologist told my Family Dr. that I have Endometriosis...

I have discovered,since we got a new matress topper for our bed,my back has been 100% pain free.  I have read on many health websites affiliated with the BBB. that Endometriosis does not grow fast...that it DOES  give back pain. I have been skipping my periods and lately,been feeling kicking and my breast are sore, I have had two children and I know the signs  of being pregnant... I have more signs of being pregnant then having Endometriosis.

When I went to My OBGYN in Pittsburgh,Pa at Magee Womans Hospital,she told me that my uterus was small... she sends me  downstairs for a untrasound.... I see the outline of a babys face... I strongly said," Hold Up! go back... I thought I saw the outline of a babys head." They ignored me... They left the room and got the Dr. he came in and he checked me with the probe... and he said that I have 2 cysts on  both my ovarys the size of a fully developed brand new babys head. They will not give me blood test to see if I am pregnant... nor will they take another ultrasound... I have requested this and am being ignored.. They said with the probe,they were going to listen to My heart beat on one of my valves... it shound JUST LIKE a babys heart beat. I'm watching what I eat and ever so often I feel licking- I know what gas feels like and what a baby feels like and let me tell you all this: Gas doesn't kick.:)  And according to the Doctors on the websites  that I visited,they said that endometriosis  and the cysts can not move either.

Now, 2 weeks after seeing my OBGYN, I went to a Surgon at the same Hospital and  he told me that My Uterus is HUGE. Totally different from what My OBGYN said.

When at the Hospital, the surgon checked me both ways... explained what he might have to do, Which was: give me a Full  Hysterectomy,
he gave me his phone number to the hospital and I left... a woman called to schedual a colonoscopy. She said she had those before... nothing to it... I casually asked her: When being probed in the vagiana,can they hear my heart beat??  And she said,"No,they can not."  

I only got papers from my OBGYN in the mail once stating, that I am in the clear when it comes down to  NOT Having STD's.

Magee Womans Hospital in Pittsburgh,Pa. Use to be totally Awesome...

Well, Something has gone wrong with them.

They would not listen to me,its as if they let what I said go through one ear and out the other.

Any suggestions or advice??