Endometriosis Community
Thickening of endometrial lining & Ovarian cyst
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to endometriosis, fertility/infertility, hormonal treatments, pain management, pregnancy, and surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Thickening of endometrial lining & Ovarian cyst

I am a 31 year old female, I have 2 children. My tubes are tied after 2 miscarriages.   I have been hpv positive on multiple occassions.... I have not had a pap test in a few years (I realize that has been a poor choice, however after the miscarriages I just haven't wanted to deal with anything.)
For the past 4 months I've had constant vaginal bleeding, that goes from a light period to heavy bright red bleeding.  I started to have pain in my lower back, I thought perhaps it was my kidneys.  I ignored the symptoms of the vaginal bleeding until I started to get pain and pressure in my lower abdomen. At times my stomach will become very swollen, and very hard. I've gone up 2 pant sizes in less than 3 months. I get dull aching in my lower back, I get pain on the sides under ribs, I have leg pain that prevents me from sleeping through the night.   I recently went to the doctors concerned.  He ran a few blood tests CBC's and Iron levels, thyroid and hormones. They all came back normal. He sent me for a pelvic ultrasound and this morning has told me that it showed "thickening of the edometrial lining" and a rather large cyst on my Right ovary.  He has suggested that the thickening is probably just because of my period being out of sync.  He has also suggested that I leave the cyst as is for 6 weeks and then just have another ultrasound done.   I understand the theory of the 2nd ultrasound and I do know that cysts can go away on their own.  But I would have thought that if it were going to go away shouldn't it have by now? Is it smart to leave things for another 6 weeks? I'm worried that he isn't being aggressive enough or isn't being thorough enough?  Maybe I'm just scared?  my birth Mom has had 2 incidents with Ovarian cancer.   Should I have a 2nd opinion done? Should he not be checking my CA-125?? Am I losing my mind?  He wanted to put me on birth control to regulate my period.  My fear is if the bleeding stops will he think its no longer a problem??   I didn't take the birth control option as I am a smoker &  over 30.   Suggestions? Thoughts? Help.