Endometriosis Community
Unknown lump occurance during ovulation.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to endometriosis, fertility/infertility, hormonal treatments, pain management, pregnancy, and surgery.

I am 28 years old. At 25 I discovered a lump in my groin area very similar to a hernia except it only showed up during ovulation, middle of cycle. I have seen many doctors who cannot diagnose it. It is 1 inch above pubic bone, 2 inches away from crease in leg.It shows up on left side only, sometimes back to back months but occasionally skipping a month. Due to the fact that this was unable to be diagnosed I tried to get pregnant. I took a ovulation test during the lumps occurrence which turned out positive. I got pregnant that month. The lump did not persist during the pregnancy or during breastfeeding. I did however have a complicated pregnancy due to a "sensitive uterus" I contracted from 28 to 38 weeks. The birth was induced but relatively normal with no complications. After breast feeding my cycle continued and the lump came back mid cycle. I have seen a hernia specialist who has never seen a hernia that was related to an ovulation cycle. He suggested a cat scan when the lump persist. It is random when it shows up. On an evening that it has been present but in remission (it was there 15b minutes ago) I cannot get it to show up again. I push, pull , bend, squat, you name it. It has no consistency except that it is always mid cycle. I had an ultra sound preformed, internal and external, with no results. I feels like a hernia would when you push it in and out. It seems to hurt more if I have been very active that day. It is lasting longer and becoming more painful. (It only hurts when it pops in and out.) It seems to be mostly gone in the morning and during the day gets worse and worse. My mom had a hysdorectomy at 23 for endomitrious. She also had a lot of cysts. I would like to have more children so i'm kinda in a rush to figure this out. If you cannot help please pass this to someone who might be able to. Thanks.
Tags: lump
hmmm you know this is the third time this week that i have heard of someone having a lump in the groin area and thinking it had to do with endometriosis, this is very intersting, i think that I am going to have to research more if this.  I have this cyst like thing as well in my upper thigh it appeared there about a year ago and I wonder if it has anything to do with me having endo or not.  I will get back to you once i look around
Thanks, this is so weird. I have found no research on this.
I have the exact same problem!  I am 39 and have three children.  This lump showed up after my second pregnancy.  I had my third child without any problem.  When I was pregnant and after when I was breastfeeding I did not experience this lump.  I assume  it was because I was not ovulating.  Now that I have been ovulating again for awhile the lump has returned.  It is big and very uncomfortable during the days I ovulate.  I have been to several doctors.  One did say it is a hernia and I need surgery.  The other two were not sure.  Have you had any other luck finding out what this is?
i have just been through what you've described.Pain during ovulation and a big round lump in the groin area,mine was on the left hand side. Due to having a section with my last child the doctors thought mine was scar tissue and unhealed stitches. Eventually i was put in for surgery ( 10 yrs later) which i had two weeks ago. the doctors have told me now that it was endometriosis and up til now (i know only a short time) but i have no pain in that area any more. I am 33 years old with two children and this was an ongoing problem for years but i just persisted with it over the last few years and eventually it has paid off for me. i hope this can help with your problem as i know how much pain i was in sometimes and how awful it can be.
I have the exact same thing a day after i finish my cycle but i've been for scans and nothing shown up =S . My doctors said it's cysts that just come and go after my cycle =S but they are sooooooo painful.
Hope you feel better soon erin
Amy x
I was told that during ovulation, your ovaries swell to the size of a walnut, and can be as big as a golf ball... Could that be it?  I was very surprised to hear this... eggs are so tiny, so I don't understand why ovaries become so enlarged during an egg's release. I realize that there can be around a dozen follicles / eggs maturing at the same time, but... they are so tiny, it's hard to believe it could make a difference. http://knockknockbaby.blogspot.com/2008/10/egg-trivia-things-you-may-not-have.html