Endometriosis Community
Visanne for Endo

This patient support community is for discussions relating to endometriosis, fertility/infertility, hormonal treatments, pain management, pregnancy, and surgery.

Visanne for Endo

Just wondering if anyone has used this to treat Endo? On the packaging under Indication is says: Management of pelvic pain associated with endometriosis.

My Dr. just prescribed this to me yesterday. I had my first appt. with her and after doing a pelvic exam (crazy painful) she felt a nodule on my left side and wants me to get an MRI to see if my bladder and bowels are affected. During this time she wants me to take Visanne to see if it will help with my symptoms. She said she wants to do all of this before surgery, because of the risk of it getting worse. She is looking for lesions and the places she will be looking at on the MRI are difficult to see during surgery (so she says).
I’m wondering how fast this pill will start working and if anyone has had any problems with it.
I took my first pill today but then thought that maybe I should wait until after my MRI to start taking it. I’m not sure why she wants me to take the pills before having the MRI when there is a possibility that the endo may shrink and not really be seen. I want to at least know how bad it is without any pills. Then start the pills. I have already suffered for years with symptoms that a little longer will be okay with me.

She’s hoping that if I’m lucky the pills will work to help with pain, etc. so I don’t have to have surgery.
Any info regarding your experience is appreciated. This is my first time posting in this community.

After reading the Visanne packaging, it says it only helps with endo pain. It should not shrink any fibroids or legions caused by endo.

I have just been prescribed Visanne as well. I was on Lupron for 2 months and refused to take my third shot in august as the hot flashes had gotten so bad that I had to have extra clothes in my car. I would sweat profusely and the flashes were so bad, I wanted to cut my hair out...

I am scared to start Visanne. Although I picked up the pills at the pharmacy, I have yet to take them. My last lupron shot should have been taken on August 10 and I should have started visanne on the 13 of August   - I haven't been able to find too many posts about the drug so Im a bit leary of taking it :( -  Sorry I couldn't help more...

I am having Vissanete pills over a month now.These drugs contains progesterone hormone . They help will pelvic pain and they prevent endometrdiosis to grow. Unfortunately if you already endometriosis this pill can't make it dissapear. Take the pill and you might see change as far as it concerns the pain,If this pills helps you with the pain that means that you have endometriosis.
Read carefully the sife-effects. I didn't have any problems using this pill