Endometriosis Community
Want children in the near future, just had a laparoscopy.. should I sta...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to endometriosis, fertility/infertility, hormonal treatments, pain management, pregnancy, and surgery.

Want children in the near future, just had a laparoscopy.. should I start now?

I was just diagnosed with endometriosis during a laparoscopy a few weeks ago. My doctor lasered any of the endo she could find and seems positive she got it. After doing research and talking to other women who have had it, I am afraid if I do not start trying to get pregnant now, it will be extremely hard later on. I am 25 years old and my husband just got a new job.. we are waiting for the company to tell us where we are moving. With all the stress of the new job and not knowing where we are going to move, we are afraid to start a family right now. Any suggestions? Should we go ahead and start now? I definitely want children, so if that means we have to start now instead of a couple years I will do it. Please help!
I have had endometriosis for over 10 years and have had three children my eldest who is know 14 i caught very quick my Daughther i had after two misscarriages and less than a year to try for her but it took me a long time almost three years to have my youngest because of cysts also that had developed through the endometriosis so i think depending how extreame youre condition and if not to far or dammaged hopefully it wont take you long at all. There is hope for falling quite quick as i still have this condition im 30 years old and was pregnant with twins unfortunatly we lost them but are trying again only 5 months after and it looks like we a succesful so not all endometriosis victims struggle some dont some do and i have on both sides so if wanna hold back a bit i dont think it will do youre chances any harm do what you want and whats best for you at this time hope this has helped xxx
Thanks a ton! So sorry to hear about all your struggles. I am hoping that I will be fortunate and not have to go through what you did. My husband and I have been talking and having a family is very important to us so we decided not to risk waiting. He starts his job soon and we will have the resources. Thanks for the advice!