Endometriosis Community
What is the best pill for endo?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to endometriosis, fertility/infertility, hormonal treatments, pain management, pregnancy, and surgery.

What is the best pill for endo?

Hello. I had a laparatomy 3 mo ago to remove two baseball sized cysts. Things have been moving along well but am having a little spotting going on. I am also nervous about the cysts coming back. I know the pill isn't a cure, but has anyone experienced less spotting/cysts by being on the pill? If so, which one? Thanks for your help.
hello ,how much is the size of cyst 10cm or less .
i try after surgery orgametril for 6 month,i stop to take it ,my cysts come back
and now my DR put me on lupron ,is not a good option but i have to take (very side effects) it will be necessary to talk with your dr about pill.
good luck

I take Marvelon21 and have for a while.  It has worked wonders for me. Best of luck
Thanks. Do you take it continuously?
I do yes. Its a very low dosage and I really have never had any side effects at all. I have stage IV endo and the doctor cant believe how well my body responds to it. Its worth a shot.  
I have never heard of Marvelon21. I am currently on Yasmin and it seems to me the only pill that i dont react to.
I am very sensitive to "spotting". Well I dont really spot, its like I'm constantly on a heavy flow every day. A few years ago I was on Depo Prevera, which is suposed to make your period go away. But for over a year, i had my period with intense pain.
I've had various  treatments, including Luperon. Which was only a temporary fix and only scewed with my body.
It seems I cannot take BCP continuously or else my body will go full time "spotting" as my doctor calls it. But its not spotting at all. Its a heavy period. CONSTANT!
I'm 21. I just had my fourth Laser Laporoscopy about 5 days ago now. I feel like I am not getting any better. Nothin seems to be working. I'm going to get a "third opinion" once I heal. My doctor is great, and has done everything in his knowledge for me. I say third opinion because 2 years ago, he sent me to a doctor who was apparently the best Endo specialist in my area, Ontario. He didn't look at my medical history, asked me a few questions and examed me. he told me straight to my face that I didn't suffer from endometriosis. It really made me mad. Where did he get his doctors lisence from? A cracker jack box? Anyway, if he were to look in my chart, he would have seen my previous biopsys stating that I had endometriosis. HA!
I also would like to know whhat women have found works for them.  I wish you ladies all the best.
Endo is an awful illness to have. Some are lucky and are able to be properly treated. Some like me are unfortunate and have no luck. No hope :(
Thanks for listening.
Its weird because as soon as I come off the marvelon within 4 weeks i have chronic nausea.  
Hi. I have had endo for 15 years now. 3 laporoscopies have all helped temporarily but after a few years, it seems to come back.  I never thought any herbal remedy would be strong enough to treat the excrutiating pain & symptoms but recently, I went to a herbalist and he has "prescribed" a horrendous tasting liquid but I have achieved amazing results. My pain is gone and I was suffering excrutiating pain prior to taking the herbal liquid. It really has worked. As soon as  I stop taking it, after about ten days, the pain returns. I'm not sure what's in it but it apparently "levels out your hormones".
Really???? what is this called?