Endometriosis Community
abnormal cells advice needed

This patient support community is for discussions relating to endometriosis, fertility/infertility, hormonal treatments, pain management, pregnancy, and surgery.

abnormal cells advice needed

I know this isn't related to endo which I also have along with ovarian cysts but i have just had a routine cervical smear which has come back with abnormal cells and HPV present and I have to have a coroscopy done. I'm 28 and have suffered for years with gyne problems I was just wondering if anyone else has had this I'm scared and just want it sorted but have to wait seven weeks.
I had to have that procedure done when I was 23...my pap came back abnormal but when they did the colposcopy it came back negative

my mom had the same thing happen to her so don't stress it that much.

I might have endo which is scaring the crap out of me...there is no cure and having extremely painful cramps 3 weeks out of the month is just exhausting
I certainly have. Sorry for the late response I am not getting any notifications of new posts for some reason.

I had mild grade cells diagnosed on a pap and again 6 months later. A colposcopy showed high grade lesions which were removed. I went back again a yr later not the 6 like I should have because I was supposed to have a hysterectomy but that did not happen around that time so I went and they found the high grade cells again so I ended up having a leep done.

You are supposed to have a pap every 6 months for 2 yrs until you have all negative paps. If the cells are persistent that is when they do the leep.

Having high grade cells or any cells is common and usually a leep removes them and the chances of them coming back are very low.

Let say its not comfortable but once its done its done. You will cramp after and bleed. You can have bloody discharge that can look like ground coffee and this is normal. Just pay attention if you have a fever in case of an infections.