Endometriosis Community
appendicitis or endometriosis

This patient support community is for discussions relating to endometriosis, fertility/infertility, hormonal treatments, pain management, pregnancy, and surgery.

appendicitis or endometriosis

I am 20 years old, and on Friday July 1st I was brought to the hospital after having pains in the right side of my stomach. They started near my belly button then moved around my stomach. While at the hospital I had a blood test, and an ultrasound done to check for appendicitis. And everything came back normal. For the last five days I have been having pains in my back, kidneys, right side, right side abdominal pain, pain near my belly button, pelvic pain, pain right next to my hip bone, headaches, and nausea. I'm still able to pass gas, and eat, walk and jump without pain, and when my stomach is pushed on there is no pain. I have been to the doctor multiple times for pains like these, I seem to get them each month. The ER doctors seem to think I have endometriosis, and my gyno put me on birth control but I'm still in pain. Each month I have burning urination and rectal bleeding while menstruating. Today, I was eating lunch, and all of a sudden I got pain in the right side of my abdomen, and my entire body felt warm, and I started running a very slight fever (99.2) and when I was just walking I got a pulling feeling from my belly button down to my vagina. So my question is, is this appendicitis, or is this endometriosis? My anxiety is out of control. Could appendicitis take this long to develop? I am on Loestrin 24 (birth control) and my fever has gone away.The pain and nausea comes and goes. I've been going through this for about a year now. Please help me. :(
If I were you I would get a second opinion from someone who is an endo specialist. Since you are in New York I recommend these doctors they contributed to some of the most informative books about endo for the endometriosis association.
http://www.nezhat.com/about_us_farr.html
The endo association's website is:
http://www.endometriosisassn.org/

I hope this helps,
achilles2

PS I had both endo and appendictis. My appendix was infested with endo and was removed during my lap for endo.
Thank you so much. Like I said, I am seeing my gynecologist on Tuesday, and I'm going to see what he has to say. Every test they've done appendicitis related has always come back negative, so they're guessing I have endo on my appendix. But, I'll definitely check out those websites. Thank you again for answering.
You're welcome. Just remember DO NOT let a general ob/gyn do endo surgery they do not  know enough. My sister did not know that she should not let an gen ob/gyn do endo surgery and he caused a cyst to burst-- spreading more endo everywhere. (He did not tell her about the cyst bursting, she learned that when she got her medical records.) If you have anymore questions about endo you can always contact the endo association.

Also my doctor told me that the endo could have caused my appendix to burst at any time. I have pictures from the lap and it was HUGE. Normally the appendix is supposed to be the size of your pinkie finger mine had a  of a at least two thumb widths. (When I learned he took it out I thought-- well that explains all that side pain I was having that would periodically make me double over.) After he removed it, my doctor also put me on some heavy duty antibiotics.

Please let me know how your appointment goes,

achilles2