atypical endometriosis
Hi I'm 19 years old and was diagnosed with endometriosis about four weeks ago through laparoscopic surgery.  I had my post op. appointment today and my doctor gave me more details of what she found etc.  She told me that my endometriosis is stage 2 and mild, but that it is atypical.  She briefly explained what that means (that it is not the normal, or typical appearance of endometriosis and such), but I understand that atypical can be bad, in fact I believed she used the words "that doesn't mean it will lead to cancer"...which I found as a relief, but now that I am thinking about it, she didn't say that it won't she just said it doesn't mean that it will for certain... So I'm just feeling a little bit uneasy about this atypical thing right now and was just wondering if anyone had an experience or knowledge of atypical endometriosis?  Any information would be appreciated!

*Oh, and if it makes a difference, the endometriosis was found on the back of my uterus, and a little bit on my bladder (some on the ureters that were not treated).
if anyone knows anything about atypical endo PLEASEEE respond!
Sorry hun, I really don't know anything about the atypical endo.  I would suggest maybe talking to your doctor more about it.  Ask lots of questions or maybe see a specialist for it and they might be able to explain it more to you.  I hope it all turns out ok!