Endometriosis Community
bulky uterus; any treatment ?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to endometriosis, fertility/infertility, hormonal treatments, pain management, pregnancy, and surgery.

bulky uterus; any treatment ?

I am 48 years. have 4 children- between ages of 23-19years. Tube tied at 28 years.

I am diagnosed with bulky uterus/ enlarged uteraus. Recnt Untrasonography readings are as follows: uterus anterverted, lontitudanal 78mm, ap 61mm, transverse 80mm, volume 199.3ml
cervix; length 42mm
myometrium: heterohenus, myometrius suggesrive of adenomysis
POD; free fluid, none seen
right ovary: normal size and appearance. size 30mmx 17mmx13m
left ovary: normal size and appearance. size 28mmx24mmx16mm.
comments; uterus is bulky and anteverted. No focal fibroids. the echotexture is heterogenous and consistent with adenomyosis in the anterior uterine wall. there are no endometrial  or subendometril LESIONS.

The gynobs specialist advised that since I am approaching menopause, that the thickening of the uetrous will subside ie when extrogen hormones will also stop or slow down as with the protestogen hormones. Hence the bulky uterious should also shrink to nromal.

My fear and woryy is that while i do not experience pain, I have gain alot of weight around the abdomen.. gained 10kgs in 7 months and feel 'pregnant' and uncomfortable. My qustion is how can I treat the 'bulky uterous'.. stop it from growing bigger', while waiting for menopuase. still having my period, though irregular but heavy when it does come.
I have also considered hysterectomy, and infact I was booked to undergo surgery, but when the above results came out, the DR advised that it was not neccessary for the hysterectomy.... ie it is normal process of menopuase and that the thieckeing of the wall wil also sort it self out.

My fear, aand regret, is that it seems that the bulky walling is thickening at the rapid pace. How can I controll this until i reach the ripe odl age??
JFK
Talk to your doctor about whether the uterus is really thickening at a rapid pace.  
thank you. I will certainly discuss further with my doctor
We reommend you read about this  , There is a special blog dedicated completely regarding problems and treatments for bulky uterus

http://bulkyuterus.blogspot.com