Endometriosis Community
can someone help me with this

This patient support community is for discussions relating to endometriosis, fertility/infertility, hormonal treatments, pain management, pregnancy, and surgery.

can someone help me with this

Hi I am 28 years old and have 3 kids. After I gave birth to my last child in 2000 I started having problems with my menstrual. The bleeding was so bad that I can not even walk and I have large blood clots. I also get very bad cramps and feel like I am going to get sick. And I was getting it for about 3 weeks at a time. Now for the past 2 years it is getting worse not better. This time I get it for about 1-2 months at a time. And just when I think I am done I start bleeding again or when I do not have it and my husband and I have intercourse the bleeding starts. I have been to a couple of Dr.'s but nobody wants to do much for me because I do not have health insurance.Can someone please tell me what this might be so I can try to ask another dr. about this. I can not handle this pain and bleeding no more and I am starting to get very scared cause I do not know what is going on.
Hi, I was reading your post and even though i'm not able to offer advice I can tell you i'm kind of going through the same thing.  Although I do not have any children yet,  my pain, periods, blood clots and everything that  goes along with all of that has gotten worse over the years..much worse.  Pain medicine don't work anymore I have to take something as strong as a pain pill..hydrocodone and even then there has been times when that doesn't work.  I have a very low tolerance to medicine and even a half of a hydrocodone would normally knock me out for hrs..but when your pain is at the point of throwing up..passing out..can't sit, can't lay..can barely breathe..even a whole hydrocodone doesn't help.  I have to sit in a scalding hot bath just to try to relax so the pain pill can knock me out.  Anyways, i've been married for 10 yrs this July and i've been trying for the last 6 yrs to have a child.  No luck yet.  Endometriosis runs in my family and i've read so many things on this and I truly believe that's what I have.  Like you I didn't have Insurance and never went to the dr. because I knew I couldn't afford it.  I've been going through all of this pain for about the last 5 years and these past 3 years it's gotten very very bad.  Since i'm 30..I don't know your situation but I found BlueCrossBlueShield Individual Blue and I got that Insurance for $90 a month. Maybe you can check into that.  They have different deductables. They also go by where you live as well.  I've only had the insurance for a month now but as soon as I found out I was accepted I got an appointment to go see a gyno about this.  Unfortunately my appointment isn't until May 6th..which means I have to go through one more horrible period before I go..but thank god after that i'll finally get some help.  Anyone and everyone who goes through something like this is scared.  They're crazy if they say they're not.  I'm awful at thinking "oh it's some kind of ovarian/uterus cancer and i'll never have kids.  Hopefully that's not the case and they'll be able to fix whatever is wrong and maybe one day..god willing..i'll have a child.  

Have you read about endometriosis?  Your symptoms fit.  Here is a couple of sites about endo that gives quite a bit of detail.

http://www.nichd.nih.gov/publications/pubs/endometriosis/sub2.cfm

Maybe they will help.  I wish you the best.

Sincerely,
                                             Des