Endometriosis Community
cat scan risks

This patient support community is for discussions relating to endometriosis, fertility/infertility, hormonal treatments, pain management, pregnancy, and surgery.

cat scan risks

I am a 47yr old woman with a history of endometriosis. I have had a total of four surgeries over the years to include:  1) exploratory w/ removal of left ovary, 2) c-section, 3) surgery for burst uterus, & 4) hysterectomy in 1999. I am having surgery again to remove the cluster of cyst ranging from 7.5cms to as small as 2.5 cm in size and the remaining right ovary. These were found thru an ultrasound and then again with an MRI. For pre-op I had chest xrays and a cat scan which shows a hemangioma on the liver. They want to repeat the cat scan.  Is the repeat cat scan necessary?? I am afraid that this may be way too much radiation. I am athletic & in fantastic health outside of the endometriosis.
ps: the radiology tech spilled the clear solution all over me from my head to my waist and simply wiped it off. She did not have me change clothes for the cat scan. I'm thinking this could give a false reading also?
Well that was on Tuesday and this is now Sunday and I FEEL terrible. My head has been hurting and then I got a stiff neck and it feels like my kidneys hurt. My whole back is hurting now. I took a muscle relaxer that help only on the 1st does. It is not working anymore. What is happening to me? Thank God tomorrow is Monday I will try to get in to see my PC. Any answers is appreciated.