does lupron get rid of endometreosis?
Just a question about lupron, do any of these medications stop the endo from growing, or is it mainly to keep me out of pain? I'm trying to make the best discion of treatment for me, I'm 22 and want kids but also don't want to be on meds that mess with my body. Any answers would be helpful.
I can tell you my story.

After my surgery my doctor pushed for me to take Lupron and since he is the best doctor in Canada for this disease I took it. It did suppress the endo but the side effects such.  After the three months I went on the continuous birth control pill (marvelon21) and it has worked like a charm. I dont have side effects, I dont get a period, it levels my hormones so I dont go crazy and I am not in pain.  

Has the endo grown back for me? I do not know. I have other issues because my endo was so bad there was nerve damage and built up scar tissue causing pain. I am looking to get another surgery done soon but I am not sure they will find endo but I will let you know.

I have been on Marvelon now for over 5yrs.
I started Lupron in April of 2002 and was placed on continous birth control after developing osteoporosis in April 2008. In March 2009 I started bleeding though the birth control and was placed back on Lupron. In February 2010 I started bleeding though the lupron and had surgery in April 2010. They found endometriosis throughout. I refused anymore lupron treatment, as to me it seems my grew back. Though I did get relief from my symptoms, I don't know if the long term effects were really worth it for me. Do remember my experience is mine alone and doesn't mean you will have the same issues. But I am happy to see you doing what I wish I had done. Good luck on your decision and I hope you make theright decision for yourself in the long run. Btw I was originally diagnosed stage IV with bowel involvement and just under went bowel resection for endometriosis that was actually inside the bowel. Actually awaiting pathology report, but endo in more likely then cancer. And of course they found endo throughout once more. So lupron could have slowed the growth, as I went eight years between second and third surgery and only two between third and fourth.