does lupron get rid of endometreosis?
Just a question about lupron, do any of these medications stop the endo from growing, or is it mainly to keep me out of pain? I'm trying to make the best discion of treatment for me, I'm 22 and want kids but also don't want to be on meds that mess with my body. Any answers would be helpful.
Hi. I am wondering the same thing. If I find out anything on it, I will let you know. The only problem right now, is I think I may be pregnant at this time. But I will for sure let you know if I find anything out on it!
I was placed on Lupron in April of 2002, while on lupron I had excision surgery and hoped all would be well. I stayed on Lupron until sometime in 2007 when they found I had osteoporosis. I was then placed on continuos birth control, meaning no placebo pills to allow my period. After eleven months of this I started bleeding through and was put back on Lupron a year after being taken off. I was on it for close to two years when I finally bleed through lupron and required a new excision surgery. My understanding was it would prevent the regrowth, but I refuse to go back to it now since my endometriosis while I was on lupron. I will admit I was pain free for years, but I have issues from the osteo I have to deal with now and regret not learning more about it. Good luck and I hope my experience does help you, but do remember everyone is different and what is good for one may not be good for another.