Endometriosis Community
endo, pelvic region pinches,feels something's going to pop

This patient support community is for discussions relating to endometriosis, fertility/infertility, hormonal treatments, pain management, pregnancy, and surgery.

Have had endometriosis for years now, had 3 laprascopies. Had pain all my life since 11 (my first period).  Have tipped uterus, endo, extreme pain with periods, had pain with sex almost always. I'm 38 . I also have adenomyosis (endo cells that have grown in the muscular wall of the uterus). I've come to the decision that I want a better quality of life, I want A life. I've made the decision with my gynecologist that I will have a hysterectomy (uterus goes, tubes go and cervix goes and ovaries stay).  While waiting, I'm on Min-ovral 28 (just a normal birth control pill and i take it contiuously for 3 months than have a period).  Just had period (mostly old blood) ended last week and have alot of pain in pelvic region like something is going to pop sometimes (ovary?) mostly on right side but now, my whole pelvic region feels swollen and sore.  Like something could pop anywhere.  Does anyone have this problem? If so what do you do for the pain?
Tags: pinches in pelvic region
There are times when it could be adhesion but unfortunately there is no real way to tell to tell. Have you had an US lately to see if there are any cysts? It could be that the cyst is rupturing as well.
basically, I don't have my own doctor, the doctor i've been seeing for over a year is a medi-clinic doctor.  My gynecologist that is doing the hysterectomy I will be seeing in the middle of March.  I am scared to ask him for anything because he is the type of person that is blunt and in the past I have had TERRIBLE experiences just "suggesting" things in the past to other doctors.  In other words, I'm scared to rock the boat.  That's sad to say this but in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, when you FINALLY get to see a specialist of any kind, I have had to walk on egg shells because God forbid I make a suggestion that makes sense and MR. DOCTOR didn't think of it first.  I don't want to lose the only Dr. that will take me as a patient and is willing to do the hysterectomy.  But say it was cysts that ruptured, it wouldn't be life threatening right? I mean, its not normal but not dangerous?
Oh I live in Toronto trust me I get it. It took me a year to get into a urologist!!!

Its funny that you say that because where you are at is where I am at as well. I don't trust this doctor like my last surgeon but he wont operate on me again because of the extensive nerve damage. all I want is a hysterectomy and its been a mother F#$#ER just to get one. Now I have to go through another surgery just to see if it helps. ARGH!!!

A ruptured cyst wouldnt be life threatening but it could hurt.

It could also me like ovarian torsion when it twists and wraps itself up.

I have my surgery in 7 days and I am panicking.
Hi, what kind of surgery are you having?  by the way, this wasn't the first gyne I went to to try to give me a hysterectomy...its like they think you're doing it for fun!!!! that pisses me off!!! I wish I was one of those people who "knew" people in high places.  I hate doctors...its come to that.
Did your operation go well? How are you feeling? :)
Yes it sort of went well LOL.. I signed of on them taking my tubes and left ovary. I was told they went in and and my left ovary was attached to bowel and uterus and the uterus was attached the bowel pulling backwards. I am hoping this was the reason sex was painful. 6 weeks I will be able to find out. On the right I had a partial bowel obstruction with scar tissue up to my rib cage, on the bladder both ureters, and my right ovary was embedded into the pelvic wall.

She left the tubes and the ovary and the right ovary she did cut out and the only reason she could give me is that it was very very very attached. WTF. I am not happy with this as this is where most of my pain is. I see her on April 15th so I hope to get some better answers as she wants to do the watch and wait. She said if I had to have it removed she would have to cut me right open to prevent injury to other organs, nerves and possible internal bleeding. I dont understand as my first surgeon I believe would have been able to do this laparoscopically and he trained her.

I do feel a bit better now that I am not peeing myself but I am still having the urgency and will have to probably still go see the urologist again since I was told I didnt have IC. I am having normal bowel movements now and hope to never have to do any more enemas again. 3 yrs 3 times a week I was doing them because no one would operate on possible adhesions.
Wow!! I'm sorry that you have such a complicated case of endo...my gynecologist keeps playing it down that "it is unusual that it would spread outside of the uterus".  I'm thinking WHAT??? after all the stories I've heard, it seems to be ALOT more common then HE says.  And my dumb *** medi-centre doc says, "it can grow anywhere", which might have been the smartest thing he's said. But because of him ignoring my tonsils...well lets just say its a big mess.  If you would like to see what I'm going thru there, just look under my name in nose, throat and ear doc. And I meant to say on the thing, I don't take infection LIGHTLY, like all the doctors I've been seeing seem to do. Please look up under nose, throat and ear and see my horror story.  It sounds like the surgeon didn't LISTEN to you when you and alot of the things he/she said don't make sense or rather contradict what he/she did. I hope you feel better, you've suffered enough. I might have to push my hysterectomy back if I have to have an operation or something for my tonsils.  NOT FUN.
Man that is not good. I have had my fair share of sinus and nasal issues that no doctor could help me with. That has subsided for now thank God.

So are you 100% you want the hyster?

I do plan on seeing a new surgeon for sure if she doesn't give me the answer I want to hear. There is no way she has to do this by cutting me right open it is ridiculous.
Apparently, my wonky looking tonsil, the sore throat and everything(bloodwork) turned out to be a very BAD UTI....WTF???? I said, "why does my tonsil look so weird and the doctor said, "I don't know, I don't THINK its a tumor....."  WHATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!! HOLY ****.  Well I'm on anti-biotics and if the sore throat and chills and fever and wierd looking tonsil doesn't go away, I'll be seeing yet another stupid *** doctor. Fun, fun, fun!!!   :(
OMG Some people should just NOT be Doctors argh!! I hope you feel better soon
Have you heard of this doctor? What was the name of yours?

John Jarrell, M.D.
Professor of Obstetrics & Gyn
University of Calgary, Calgary
Alberta, Canada