Endometriosis Community
endo and weight gain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to endometriosis, fertility/infertility, hormonal treatments, pain management, pregnancy, and surgery.

endo and weight gain

I am 37 and had about 4 laps. for endo and had my gallbladder removed. Has anyone else noticed a weight gain since they have endo? I used to weigh about 130 but since all my operations and not being able to exercise because when I do I have endo pain, and I am always so exhausted and sometimes dizzy and bloated.  I now weigh 180 (pounds that is) and I am so embarassed. Its all around my upper abs and lower abs and waist.  I don't know what to do. I want a hyterectomy but the Dr. won't give me one.  I can't stand myself at this way.  Anyone else have this weight gain issue with endo?
Are you on meds for the endo? Its very possible that could be the cause.

I was always around 120-130 and cant get under 150 for the life of me since. It makes me so upset.
I was on mini ovral (a type of birth control pill) and the surgeon said to take it and not let myself have a period for about 9 months.  ok, this isn't a specific kind that's SUPPOSED to be esp. for continuous use but i took it and decided with the suggestion of my homeopath, to get off the birth control pill altogether because i wasn't in a relationship anyway and it kept spotting or I would have a period anyway.  So, not on bcp to cause the weight gain, but am on anti-depressants and anti-anxiety pills but the dose didn't change so why would i gain weight with that? Also, have hypothyroidism but am taking synthroid for that.  I try to do 'easy' stretches just to get stronger and i end up hurting my back and joints, not to mention my weak muscles.  I'm sorry, I'm just pissed off at how things are going lately...I try to laugh about things and turn it into something funny because usually that's my way of dealing with things but I can't do it all the time.
Has your homeopath mentioned that candida overgrowth can increase these symptoms?  Something worth looking at.