Endometriosis Community
endo? please help!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to endometriosis, fertility/infertility, hormonal treatments, pain management, pregnancy, and surgery.

endo? please help!

I'm 20 years old, I started my period when I was 13, all this started around my 4th or 5th period when I was 14. I have always had irregular periods, one month on, 2 off, 2 on, 1 off etc. About 60/70% of my periods a start with the worst pain I could ever imagine, like a wild animal is slowing tearing apart my uterus. I get so dizzy I can sit up or stand and I wind up in a ball on the floor squirming and crying, covered in sweat. Ive tried every aspirin or menstrual aspirin out there and it doesn't help at all. Sometimes I am able to force myself to throw up and I feel better, other times it doesn't work and I'm left to deal with it for an hour or so. I've gone to the e.r 4 times in the past year for this and they never take me seriously, they tell me its a stomach bug or "normal" without even running tests! I know what ever this is, It's far from normal! I'm very selfconcious and last year I finally got up the courage to get a gyno exam and overheard nurses betting on what was wrong with me and even bribing each other to do the actual exam! Needless to say I walked out. I'm working up the courage to go again soon, but right now, I'm going crazy with all these people telling me its normal! I'm in so much pain, and I don't know what to do! Last night I was so bad, I had to be brought down from my bedroom on the second floor on a stretcher, it was the worst pain I've ever felt, and I've had half my face ripped off by a dog at age 15, so I know pain! Anything you can tell me would be great! Thank you so much for reading, I really appreciate any help!
I am sorry you are going through so much pain. I can guarantee by what you are telling me there is a good chance it is Endometriosis.

Here is what you need to do

1) Find an Endometriosis specialist in your area or go to a different Gyno. Make sure he specializes in Excision surgery not just laser

2) You can ask your GP to take the CA-125 blood test which is used for detecting cancer levels as well as Endometriosis inflammation. Anything over 35 is usually positive but not 100% accurate diagnosing it since the only way to know for sure is to have an exploratory lap

3) Endosisters always have these items on hands for relief (Heating pad, Aleve or Naproxen unless your doctor could give you something stronger)

4) This pain is not normal and your doctor needs to support you and help you get to where you need to go and the meds that you need.

5) Have you ever tried the birth control pill? You might be asked to take that every day without stopping to see if the pain goes away however for me it didnt make a difference because the disease was everywhere and it had to be removed. I still take Marvelon every day for the last 7 yrs. I get no pain and no side effects for me.

6)  I would request (Not wait for your doctor to do it) but request a Pelvic and Trans vaginal ultrasound to see if there are any cysts.  

I can't tell you this enough. Forget your pride and do what it has to take do do these steps right away. You sound like me as I started to feel pain my second period at the age of 13. I had Stage IV endo and I dont think it would have been that bad if I wasnt diagnosed until 17 yrs later. So please be proactive